5G Security Essentials
This course will discuss 5G security in three key areas from a high-level perspective. First, an overview of the 5G architecture, 5G use cases, and the threats that 5G technologies pose will be covered. Next, participants will be guided through the 5G security framework which supports different devices and implementations. Lastly, security features of 3GPP related to the 5G security framework and the security mechanisms related to 5G transport will be discussed.
As this is a one-day course, the 5G mechanisms and algorithms will be simplified to allow participants to focus clearly on the important areas of 5G security. More specifically, they will learn how 5G improves security in data storage and data transmission.
- LIVE Virtual*: 1 day
- A minimum of 6 or more participants are required for a company-based LIVE Virtual course to commence
- LIVE Virtual courses can be conducted for 5 hours or 7 hours daily. Please note that the number of training days will be extended if you opt for 5 hours daily.
There are no upcoming course dates currently scheduled for this course. If you are keen on attending this course, please register your interest and indicate your preferred start/end training dates via our course enquiry form for us to open a Classroom/LIVE Virtual class schedule for this course.
At the end of this course, participants will learn:
- Identify and understand 5G security drivers, threats, and requirements
- List the elements of a 5G security architecture
- Identify the security concerns and vulnerabilities of 5G
- Recognise the security measures required for 5G
- 5G Network Overview
- 5G Use Cases
- 5G Architecture
- 5G Main Mechanisms
- 5G Security Drivers
- Major 5G Security Issues
- Status in 5G Security Standardization: 3GPP
- Challenges for Operators
- Challenges for Verticals
- 3GPP Security Features
- SEAF / ARPF
- Authentication Protocols
- Key Hierarchy
- SUPI and SUCI
- Inter Operator Network Security
- 5G Infrastructure Security Principles
- SDN and NFV security
- Network Function Virtualization Security
- Isolation and Traffic Separation in the Telco Cloud
- Cloud and MEC Security
- 5G Cloud Computing Architecture
- Five Immutable Laws of Virtualization Security
- Centralized Security Architectures
- Customer Edge Switching
- Customer Edge Traversal Protocol (CETP)
- Network Slice Isolation – The Crucial Slicing Security Aspect
Note: A Certificate of Completion will only be issued upon achieving at least 75% attendance for the course.