Telefocal Certified International Roaming Professional (TC-IRP)
This course focuses on teaching the skills and best practices needed for designing and delivering scalable, highly-reliable LTE roaming services. In addition to lecture materials, this course includes real network configuration examples to ensure that participants apply what they learn and put their knowledge to practice in their work.
Upon completing all the topics/modules contained in this course, participants will sit for a certification exam at the end of the course. The course materials and exam for this training are designed and delivered by Telefocal’s panel of LTE and International Roaming subject matter experts.
- The LTE International roaming Certification tests a candidate’s knowledge of the skills required to understand and implement technologies, architecture fundamentals, and infrastructure that are needed for Long-Term Evolution (LTE) roaming between international networks.
- The exam consists of Multi Choice Questionnaire. Passing score is 60% in order to get certified.
- Classroom: 5 days
- LIVE Virtual*: 35 hours
- A minimum of 6 or more participants are required for a company-based LIVE Virtual course to commence
- LIVE Virtual courses can be conducted for 5 hours or 7 hours daily. Please note that the number of training days will be extended if you opt for 5 hours daily.
- Understanding Evolution of Mobile Communication (GSM to IMS Networks)
- Overview of GSM Network / Components / GSM Interfaces / Protocols
- GSM Numbering Plan, GSM Mobile Service Management, GSM Security Management
- Overview of 3G / 4G Networks / MSS Nodes (MSC Server and MGW)
- Introduction to Roaming Networks
- Inbound and Outbound Roaming
- GSM Service Flow Analysis (Voice and Data)
- Signaling System No. 7 Overview and ISUP Signaling
- Fundamentals of SCCP Routing, GT Analysis
- Understanding GSM MAP Signaling
- 3G Call Flows
- 4G Call Flows
- Case Study: GT Analysis
- Case Study: MAP Signal Traces Analysis
- Case Study: DIAMETER Analysis
- Basic GSM SMS Theory
- Understand SMS in Roaming Networks (Inbound and Outbound Roaming)
- Understand Basics of CAMEL Signaling in Roaming Networks
- Introduction to LTE Roaming
- Basic SIP Signaling and Call Flow
- Case Study: Analyzing a SIP Call (Using Wireshark Tracer)
- Understand International Roaming Implementation
- Network Implementation (HLR & SCCP Connections)
- Establishing International Roaming (Commercial, IREG, TADIG Testing and Documentation Used such
as AA.12, AA.13, AA.14, IR.21 and Used Test Cases)
- Understand Process Flow of International Roaming
- Convergence Billing for Postpaid and Prepaid Roaming
- International Roaming Billing (CDR Flows and TAP Creation)
- Understanding the Role of DCH and FCH in Roaming
- Dealing on Fraud and Roaming Disputes
- Analysis of International Roaming Call Flow (Voice, SMS & GPRS)
- Scoring 60% or higher in the written exam AND
- Achieving at least 75% attendance for the course.