WiFi and Hotspot Technologies
This course will cover all the aspects of 802.11 wireless networks. It will review the technologies used by the different protocols, the infrastructure and deployment aspects of wireless networks.
The impact of Wireless Network at home, the office and public spaces will be examined as well as the integration of WiFi within the advanced cellular networks.
The course is intended for technical and non-technical professionals looking for a clear understanding of the fast growing Wireless LAN market, for application developers and those wishing for sound background for planning and implementing wireless networks and wireless networking technology.
- Marketing, sales and R&D staff members for manufacturers / vendors of LAN equipment
- LAN users looking for alternatives to the “classical” LAN implementations
- Data communications consultants and system integrators
- Classroom: 3 days
- LIVE Virtual*: 21 hours
- A minimum of 5 or more participants are required for a company-based LIVE Virtual course to commence
- LIVE Virtual courses can be conducted for 5 hours or 7 hours daily. Please note that the number of training days will be extended if you opt for 5 hours daily.
There are no upcoming course dates currently scheduled for this course. If you are keen on attending this course, please register your interest and indicate your preferred training dates via our course enquiry form for us to open a Classroom/LIVE Virtual class schedule for this course.
At the end of this course, participants will be able to:
- Describe WiFi, Wifi Network design and architecture, protocols and network planning
- Gain the practical skills that are required to perform professional wireless design
This unique course meets the needs of all wireless network professionals and IT support staff responsible for planning, designing, surveying or troubleshooting 802.11 (Wi-Fi) wireless networks.
- What is WiFi?
- A Brief History
- Quick Facts about Wi-Fi
- Wi-Fi Standard Bodies & Consortiums
- Wireless Spectrum Usage
- WiFi Architecture
- STA, AP, BSS, DS, ESS
- 802.11 Protocols & Building Blocks
- Physical Layer – PHY
- FHSS PLCP
- FHSS PCM
- DSSS PLCP
- DSSS PCM
- OFDM PLCP
- OFDM PCM
- Media Access Control Layer – MAC
- Wi-Fi Security
- Security Building Functions
- Evolution of WLAN Security
- WLAN QoS
- Quality of Service (QoS)
- IEEE 802.11e
- WLAN Networks
- WLAN Product Types
- Home WLAN
- Corporate WLAN
- VoWLAN – Voice over LAN
- Community WLANs
- What’s Next?
- 802.11 vs. Other Technologies
- 802.11 & Cellular Complementary Technologies
- 802.11 vs Cellular Trends for Data Services
- WLAN & Cellular Complementary Services
- Internet Protocol for Radio Access Network (IP RAN)
- Emerging WiFi & LAN Technologies
- 802.16 WirelessMAN™ “WiMAX”
- 802.20 MBWA “Mobility-Fi”
- 802.15.4 “ZigBee”
- UWB Ultra-Wide Band