LTE Transport Network Design
This course aims to introduce transport design engineers to the idea of LTE IP transport network solutions. Transport network should accommodate the traffic created by cellular coverage areas, hence the correct dimensioning is critical for QoS and capacity point of view. Several technologies could be implemented, such as IP over ATM or IP over Ethernet.
Mobile Packet Backbone Network solutions will be described in detail and supported by case studies to help transport design engineers realise the diversive techniques and learn how to contribute to end-to-end user throughput optimization.
- Mobile Networks Engineer who wish to gain knowledge about LTE transport network design principles
- Radio network planners who wish to learn more about the capacity planning of the transport network
- Multimedia Engineer who wish to learn the concepts and theory of LTE-SAE that transports services to the users
Duration & Training Format
- Classroom: 4 days
- LIVE Virtual*: 28 hours
- A minimum of 6 or more participants are required for a company-based LIVE Virtual course to commence
- LIVE Virtual courses can be conducted for 5 hours or 7 hours daily. Please note that the number of training days will be extended if you opt for 5 hours daily.
Upcoming Course Dates
There are no upcoming course dates currently scheduled for this course. If you are keen on attending this course, please register your interest and indicate your preferred start/end training dates via our course enquiry form for us to open a Classroom/LIVE Virtual class schedule for this course.
- Introduction to LTE / SAE
- ATM Transport Network
- IP Overview
- IP Description
- IP MPBN Transmission Overview
- Overall Cellular Interfaces over IP
- IP LTE Transmission Design
- SS7 Signaling Overview
- SS7 Signaling in LTE