WiFi 6 Workshop
Wi-Fi 6 (802.11ax) is the 6th generation of Wi-Fi. Wi-Fi 6 and Wi-Fi 6E are the trade names for the latest generation of Wi-Fi, corresponding to the new 802.11ax standard. This new generation has been designed to make use of a much more optimized spectrum through the adoption of OFDMA and MIMO technologies, new power control methods to avoid interferences and reduce consumption, and advanced safety protocols.
Wi-Fi 6 will be able to operate in the existing 2.4 and 5 GHz bands and in the new 6 GHz band from 5.925 to 7.125 GHz. Where it can operate in the 6 GHz band, it is known as Wi-Fi 6E.
For mobile users, IoT devices, and latency-sensitive applications, Wi-Fi CERTIFIED 6™ (Wi-Fi 6) brings higher capacity, efficiency, and performance to enterprises, distributed branches, and small businesses. The standard also includes Wi-Fi 6E, so as to support client connectivity in the 6GHz band.
This course covers extremely important topics for WLAN professionals who have recently purchased WiFi6 Access Points / Clients, Or are preparing to migrate to WiFi6 802.11ax when they refresh their WLAN technologies.
5G or Wi-Fi 6 (802.11ax)?
Both 5G and Wi-Fi 6 have very unique characteristics that will be beneficial for connecting any computing devices to the Internet. What are key important aspects about these technologies that you need to know?
The course is intended for technical and non-technical professionals wanting to have a good understanding of the fast-growing Wireless LAN market, as well as for application developers and those wishing for sound background for planning and implementing wireless networks and wireless networking technology.
- Engineers, technicians, managers
- Marketing, sales and R&D staff members for manufacturers/vendors of LAN equipment
- LAN users looking for alternatives to the “classical” LAN implementations
[Classroom: 3 days / LIVE Virtual*: 21 hours]
- A minimum of 6 or more participants are required for a company-based LIVE Virtual course to commence
- LIVE Virtual courses can be conducted for 5 hours or 7 hours daily. Please note that the number of training days will be extended if you opt for 5 hours daily.
There are no upcoming course dates currently scheduled for this course. If you are keen on attending this course, please register your interest and indicate your preferred start/end training dates via our course enquiry form for us to open a Classroom/LIVE Virtual class schedule for this course.
This course seeks to impart the necessary knowledge and key concepts on Wi-Fi 6, Wi-Fi 6E, 5G, IoT, Wi-Fi 6 Network design and architecture, protocols and network planning.
At the end of this course, participants will learn the methodologies and practical skills that are needed to perform professional wireless design and optimization.
This unique course meets the needs of all wireless network professionals and IT support staff responsible for planning, designing, surveying or troubleshooting 802.11ax (Wi-Fi 6) wireless networks.
- 5G or Wi-Fi 6 (802.11ax)?
- Which technology will win the battle?
- Wi-Fi 6 and Wi-Fi 6E
- Wi-Fi Standard Bodies & Consortiums
- Wireless Spectrum Usage
- Multi-gigabit Ethernet
- Wi-Fi 6 Devices
- Wi-Fi 6 Products
- New Life for Virtual and Augmented Reality
- COVID-19 and the Economic Value of Wi-Fi 6
- Wi-Fi 6 Architecture
- Wi-Fi 6 is Different from Previous Wi-Fi Standards
- OFDM and OFDMA
- Multiuser OFDMA vs Single User OFDM
- Software Defined Wi-Fi Networking Architecture
- Agile Network Solution
- Ethernet Network Processor (ENP)
- STA, AP, BSS, DS, ESS
- Wi-Fi Offload Architecture
- Wi-Fi 6 Key Technologies
- 1024 QAM
- Transmit Beamforming
- DSSS PLCP
- Wi-Fi 6 Key Features
- 8X8 AP
- UL Resource Scheduling
- Spectral Efficiency and Area Throughput
- OFDMA Downlink and Uplink
- Increased Guard Interval
- MU-MIMO Uplink
- BSS Colour
- Peak Speeds
- Flexible Channel Sizes
- Transmission Scheduling
- Target Wake Time (TWT)
- Dual Band Frequencies
- Self-Optimizing Capabilities
- Wi-Fi 6 RF Planning and Design
- Key requirement questions and Scope
- What type of Applications will WLAN Support
- Type of Wi-Fi Device Mix
- WLAN Dimensioning
- RF Site Survey and AP Placement
- Wi-Fi 6 Channel and Power Planning
- Coexistence of 5G and Wi-Fi 6
- Maintaining Backward Compatibility
- Tools for RF Design and Planning
- Post Deployment Survey to Collect KPIs
- Designing for High Density with Wi-Fi 6
- Band Steering
- Wi-Fi 6 Design SLAs
- Spectral Efficiency
- Spatial Re-use/Colour Codes
- Throughput (Peak Speeds)
- Range/Coverage (OFDMA related SLA)
- Packet Loss
- Power Consumption Measurements
- Traffic Prioritization
- Outdoor Performance
- End-to-end Latency
- Spatial Diversity
- Concurrent Users
- Wi-Fi 6 Security and Comparison
- Wi-Fi 6 Enabling the Future
- Smart Cities
- 5G Outdoors +Wi-Fi 6 Indoors
- 5G Carrier Owned + Wi-Fi 6 Enterprise Owned