Advanced Telecom Project Management
This course is designed for Project Management professionals in the telecommunications industry. It will be of benefit to Project Managers, Project Team Leaders, Construction Managers, Lead Technicians, Communications Managers, and others who are seeking career enhancement in the telecommunications field.
Duration & Training Format
- Classroom: 5 days
- LIVE Virtual*: 35 hours
- A minimum of 6 or more participants are required for a company-based LIVE Virtual course to commence
- LIVE Virtual courses can be conducted for 5 hours or 7 hours daily. Please note that the number of training days will be extended if you opt for 5 hours daily.
Upcoming Course Dates
4 – 8 Sep 2023 (Mon – Fri), GMT +08:00
If you are keen on attending the above scheduled course, please register your interest via our course enquiry form.
At the end of this course, participants will be able to:
- Understand how to develop critical tool sets to originate a complex telecommunications project
- Understand telecommunications project life cycle
- Understand the skills needed by Telecommunications Project Manager
- Understand the difference between Program Management and Project Management
- Understand the key elements of projects and how to manage them
- Overview of Project Management
- Program Management vs Project Management
- Types of Telecommunications Projects
- What Causes a Project to Succeed and Fail
- Review of PMI BoK Core Elements, Core Processes
- Integration Management
- Scope Management
- Time Management
- Cost Management
- Quality Management
- Human Resources Management
- Communications Management
- Risk Management
- Procurement Management
- Overview of the Key Controlling Program / Project Documents
- Program / Project Management Plan
- Communications Management Plan
- Work Breakdown Structure
- Configuration Management Plan
- Acceptance Criteria
- Outsourcing in Telecommunications Projects
- Group practical exercise based upon a GSM expansion roll-out case study, with target of developing a basic PMP, CMP, and WBS for a telecommunications project.
Note: A Certificate of Completion will only be issued upon achieving at least 75% attendance for the course.
Attendance in Managing the Managed Services and Aligning Network Performance Management is highly recommended prior to attending this course.