5G Security Overview
The full deployment of 5G will happen very soon. While the expectations are high, so are the security concerns.
A significantly higher number of devices and increased use of virtualization and the cloud will likely entail more 5G security threats and a larger multi-faceted attack surface.
Cybersecurity professionals are keenly aware that in order to achieve a strong and healthy communication network for future, the industry must maintain a major focus on 5G security.
Some professionals vouch for a holistic approach, in particular the maintenance of a clean 5G network which prevents the transfer of malware to connected devices and protects customers against cyber attacks, as well as a 5G network with security mechanisms which prevent unauthorized command and control, alias C2, to operate connected devices.
Security advocates also call for an open and secure 5G network that allows network resources to be safely exposed to third parties – so that mobile operators can maximize the adoption of 5G and the monetization of 5G network resources.
- Government personnel who wish to learn the foundation of 5G security in detail as well as to keep up on trends in the 5G security field
- Investors and contractors who plan to make investments in industry, especially where 5G technology is concerned
- Executives and managers of 5G security systems
- Technicians, operators, and maintenance personnel who are or will be working in 5G deployment
[Classroom: 2 days / LIVE Virtual*: 14 hours]
- A minimum of 6 or more participants are required for a company-based LIVE Virtual course to commence
- LIVE Virtual courses can be conducted for 5 hours or 7 hours daily. Please note that the number of training days will be extended if you opt for 5 hours daily.
At the end of this course, participants will be able to:
- Identify and understand 5G security drivers, threats, requirements and obtain a high-level vision
- List the elements of a 5G security architecture
- Identify the security concerns and vulnerabilities of 5G
- Recognise the security measures required for 5G
- 5G Network Overview
- 5G Use Cases
- 5G Architecture
- 5G Main Mechanisms
- 5G Security Drivers
- Major 5G Security Issues
- Status in 5G Security Standardization: 3GPP
- Challenges for Operators
- Challenges for Verticals
- Physical Layer Security in 5G Networks
- iJAM’s Operating Principle
- Watermark‐based Blind Physical Layer Security (WBPLSec) Protocol
- 3GPP Security Features
- SEAF / ARPF
- Authentication Protocols
- Key Hierarchy
- SUPI & SUCI
- Inter Operator Network Security
- 5G Infrastructure Security Principles
- SDN and NFV security
- Network Function Virtualization Security
- Isolation and Traffic Separation in the Telco Cloud
- Cloud and MEC Security
- 5G Cloud Computing Architecture
- Five Immutable Laws of Virtualization Security
- Centralized Security Architectures
- Customer Edge Switching
- Customer Edge Traversal Protocol (CETP)
- Network Slicing Security
- Network Slicing – Examples
- Network Slice Isolation – The Crucial Slicing Security Aspect
- Security Management and Orchestration
- IoT Security
Note: A Certificate of Completion will only be issued upon achieving at least 75% attendance for the course.
You cannot copy content of this page