Introduction to DevOps
Software development time has always been a key factor in the software industry since every trial and error affects greatly if a product is ready for the client in an optimal way. Modern software consumption demands are such that software is always maintained “fresh” with the latest updates and cybersecurity fixes. All this time translates into losses or earnings for a business as well as potential cybersecurity concerns.
The time delays in software development are mainly caused by the obstacles that exist between two areas: development and operations. Both, work hand in hand, but each one values their own priorities: on one hand, quick pace, innovation and change are valued, while on the other hand code quality, stability, correct implementation and optimization are greatly sought.
In this sense, the concept of DevOps (the combination of Development and Operations) has revolutionized IT teams and has broken down an invisible barrier in order to work bidirectionally and collaboratively with effective communication.
- Anyone interested to understand IT software lifecycle management, How modern enterprise software is maintained and secured.
- Technical product managers, Technical Product Marketing professionals, Technical Strategy Officials, C-Level decision makers & Executives, Regulators, in any industry that is related to dealing with software.
DevOps teaches you how to use the combination of DevOps philosophies, practices and tools to develop, deploy, and maintain applications in a modern way. Benefits of adopting DevOps include: rapid delivery, reliability, scalability, security and improved collaboration.
- Understanding of the advantages of automating processes in software development
- Implementation of continuous integration and continuous delivery methodologies (CI/CD).
- Structure to create applications in containers.
- Design, deployment and maintenance of the automation process in software developmen
- Agile creation of a secure, reliable and production ready software product.
- DevOps security and testing fundamental
- How modern telecom infrastructure are working and delivered using CI/CD
Duration & Training Format
[Classroom: 2 days / LIVE Virtual*: 14 hours]
- A minimum of 6 or more participants are required for a company-based LIVE Virtual course to commence
- LIVE Virtual courses can be conducted for 5 hours or 7 hours daily. Please note that the number of training days will be extended if you opt for 5 hours daily.
Upcoming Course Dates
DevOps – Foundations and Tools
- Introduction to basic tools
- Linux Fundamentals
- Code management with Git, GitHub
- Modern Software Principles
- Cloud Ready & Cloud Native software
- Service Oriented Architecture
- Microservice architecture & Serverless
- Container Management (Kubernetes)
- Container as a Service
- Introduction to DevOps
- The drivers of DevOps – Why software velocity is important
- The modern software delivery pipeline
- Continuous Development
- Continuous Integration
- Continuous Testing
- Continuous Deployment/Delivery
- Continuous Monitoring (Nagios, Grafana, ELK)
- Infrastructure as Code
- Creating applications in containers with Docker
From Development to Deployment – The CI/CD Pipeline
- The Software LCM automation process
- Infrastructure as a Service Tools
- Introduction to Ansible
- Ansible Playbooks
- Infrastructure creation with Terraform
- Terraform scripts
- Creation of infrastructures in the cloud
- CI/CD with Jenkins
- Jenkins in the CI/CD process
- Configuration and execution of process jobs
- Intro to Configuration management tools (Puppet, Chef, Saltstack)
- CI/CD Testing
- Test Units
- Integration tests
- Introduction to DevSecOps
- The DevOps security infrastructure
- DevSecOps best practices
- Applications in Telecoms industry
- Software in 5G
- DevSecOps Beyond 5G
- Software in 5G
Note: A Certificate of Completion will only be issued upon achieving at least 75% attendance for the course.
- Reasonable knowledge of Software design principles (e.g. what is an API), software engineering, core networking and functions.
- Basic understanding of IP-based communication is highly recommended.
- Experience with IT infrastructure (i.e. Ethernet, Switches, Routers).
- Radio Engineers who want to understand how modern 5G infrastructure is going to be delivered and maintained.
- Packet Core engineers who want to understand how modern cloud-native 5G Core is lifecycle managed.