Internet of Things Security
The Internet of Things (IoT) is bringing the network to the daily lives of individuals and it is extending its reach to cities, industries and more. With such influence, IoT Security is definitely a key concern for all IoT stakeholders which include developers, service providers, customers, and end-users.
This course outlines prevailing state-of-the-art practices for IoT security and explains how the IoT security landscape is evolving to aid IoT stakeholders in making strategic decisions for IoT products.
- IoT Developers and Managers
- IoT Product Managers and Owners
- IoT Vendors and Customers
Duration & Training Format
[Classroom: 3 days / LIVE Virtual*: 21 hours]
- A minimum of 6 or more participants are required for a company-based LIVE Virtual course to commence
- LIVE Virtual courses can be conducted for 5 hours or 7 hours daily. Please note that the number of training days will be extended if you opt for 5 hours daily.
Upcoming Course Dates
26 – 28 Jun 2023 (Mon – Wed), GMT +08:00
If you are keen on attending the above scheduled course, please register your interest via our course enquiry form.
At the end of the course, participants will be able to:
- Understand the security threat landscape and how to take preventive measures
- Understand the top ten security issues revolving around IoT
- Learn about the Secure Development Lifecycle (SDL) of IoT products
- Gain knowledge on the security consideration regarding verticals of connected devices
- Learn from real-life examples and case studies in IoT Security
This course is designed to help IT professionals strengthen their knowledge about the Internet of Things (IoT) and the security platforms related to it. In this course, participants will learn how to work effectively with security researchers on reported IoT security issues and concerns and how to develop a security patching strategy and product update life-cycle.
- Basic Concepts of IoT Architecture from the Security Perspective
- Usual Security Measures
- Understanding IoT System Risks and Challenges
- OWASP – Top 10 Security Risks and Consumer IoT Security Guidance
- Understanding the Challenges of IoT Security
- Basics of Cryptography
- IoT Security Foundation
- IoT Security in 4G and 5G
- IoT Security Domains
- EndPoint Security
- Operations security
- Network Security
- Cloud Security
- Detect Dimensions
- Communications to Malicious Sites
- Learned Patterns from Malwares and Botnets
- Deviation from Expected IoT Traffic Profiles
- IoT Security Challenges
- BOT Spread and Attack
- Legal Issues in Different Verticals of IoT
- Blockchain and IoT Security
- IoT SDOs and Alliances Landscape
- IoT Security and Standards
- Example: Connected Cars Security
- Example: Electric Car Chargers
- Active Areas of IoT Security Research, Future
Note: A Certificate of Completion will only be issued upon achieving at least 75% attendance for the course.
Upcoming Course Dates
There are no upcoming course dates currently scheduled for this course. If you are keen on attending this course, please register your interest and indicate your preferred start/end training dates via our course enquiry form for us to open a Classroom/LIVE Virtual class schedule for this course.