Internet of Things (IoT) Security
Internet of Things (IoT) is bringing the network to individuals’ daily lives and is extending its reach to cities, industries and more. With such influence, IoT Security is definitely a key concern for all IoT stakeholders which include developers, service providers, customers, and end-users.
This course outlines the state-of-the-art prevailing practices for IoT Security and explains how the IoT Security landscape is evolving to aid IoT stakeholders in making strategic decisions for IoT products.
[Classroom: 3 days / LIVE Virtual*: 21 hours]
- A minimum of 6 or more participants are required for a company-based LIVE Virtual course to commence
- LIVE Virtual courses can be conducted for 5 hours or 7 hours daily. Please note that the number of training days will be extended if you opt for 5 hours daily.
There are no upcoming course dates currently scheduled for this course. If you are keen on attending this course, please register your interest and indicate your preferred start/end training dates via our course enquiry form for us to open a Classroom/LIVE Virtual class schedule for this course.
This course is designed to help IT professionals strengthen their knowledge about the Internet of Things (IoT) and the security platforms related to it. In this training you will learn how to work effectively with security researchers on reported IoT security issues and concerns and how to develop a security patching strategy and product update life-cycle.
- Basic Concepts of IoT Architecture from the Security Perspective
- Usual Security Measures
- Understanding IoT System Risks & Challenges
- OWASP – Top 10 Security Risks and Consumer IoT Security Guidance
- Understanding the Challenges of IoT Security
- Basics of Cryptography
- IoT Security Foundation
- IoT Security Domains
- EndPoint Security
- Operations security
- Network Security
- Cloud Security
- Detect Dimensions
- Communications to Malicious Sites
- Learned Patterns from Nalwares and Botnets
- Deviation from Expected IoT Traffic Profiles
- IoT Security Challenges
- BOT Spread and Attack
- Legal Issues in Different Verticals of IoT
- Blockchain & IoT Security
- IoT SDOs and Alliances Landscape
- IoT Security & Standards
- Example: Connected Cars Security
- Example: Electric Car Chargers
- Active Areas of IoT Security Research, Future