Internet of Things (IoT) Workshop
The course provides participants with a solid technical understanding of the different IoT technologies involved in modern IoT scenarios and its use cases, covering open and standardised technologies from LTE-M/Cat-0/1/3, NB-IoT and 5G to closed and propriatory like Sigfox, LoRaWAN, Weightless and more. The connectivity technologies are covered from holistic 360 degrees perspective coving standardization, pros/cons, regulatory aspects, security, ecosystem and applicability to use cases.
Software and platform stacks for IoT are also covered in great extent and depth covering the full stack of IoT. Platforms and architectures ranging from connectivity management, analytics to application enablement. Several architectures and best practices will be discussed and linked with the use cases for vertical industries, covering benefits business models, challenges of each industry and use case.
[Classroom: 3 days / LIVE Virtual*: 21 hours]
- A minimum of 6 or more participants are required for a company-based LIVE Virtual course to commence
- LIVE Virtual courses can be conducted for 5 hours or 7 hours daily. Please note that the number of training days will be extended if you opt for 5 hours daily.
At the end of the course, participants will be able to:
- Understand the concepts of IoT and its impact on the consumer, business & government organizations
- Understand the various components and architecture ofIoT
- Understand the current and upcoming communication technologies for IoT connectivity
- Be able to describe, compare and select the appropriate communications technology for each use case and scenario.
- Understand the role of modern computing (deployment and service models, architecture, private cloud infrastructural concerns, security and privacy concerns) in IoT
- Understand the role of each step of the value chain and most importantly the value of connectivity and business analytics in IoT
- Analyze and explore the security andprivacy challenges in IoT
- Introduction to IoT
- IoT Technical Overview
- IoT Communication Technologies
- IoT network architectures and topologies
- IoT Protocols
- IoT Hardware, Software, Platforms and Systems
- Security andPrivacy
- IoT Applications & Use Cases
- IoT Segmentation
- Digitalization & Digital Transformation of vertical industries
- Smart Cities & SmartSocieties