An Overview of 3G / 4G / 5G Mobile Networks
Since the early 1970s, the Mobile Evolution has seen the number of mobile phones in use grow to 4.9 billion today – with continued phenomenal growth forecast into the future. This course considers the key drivers behind this amazing growth, as well as the challenges faced by operators and manufacturers in keeping pace.
The advent of the Internet and consumer demand for Internet Services ‘to the hand’ has changed the Mobile Technology landscape forever. This course examines the evolution of 2G, 3G, 4G and 5G technologies and architectures in turn – considering improvements and new services as well as any limitations.
Participants will be given a glimpse of the future world of Mobile Communications – Technologies, Systems, Networks, Terminals and Applications – with particular emphasis on the Internet of Things and 5G Technologies.
- Professionals who wish to understand traditional cellular networks (3GPP networks i.e. GSM/UMTS/LTE) and also alternative technologies (non-3GPP networks i.e. Wi-Fi/WiMAX etc.) of mobile communication that can provide voice and data services
- Professionals who are keen to learn more about the future of mobile communication technologies – 5G and the Internet of Things
- High level executives who wish to have an overview knowledge of each technology and a better understanding of the industry
- Classroom: 3 days
- LIVE Virtual*: 21 hours
- A minimum of 6 or more participants are required for a company-based LIVE Virtual course to commence
- LIVE Virtual courses can be conducted for 5 hours or 7 hours daily. Please note that the number of training days will be extended if you opt for 5 hours daily.
There are no upcoming course dates currently scheduled for this course. If you are keen on attending this course, please register your interest and indicate your preferred training dates via our course enquiry form for us to open a Classroom/LIVE Virtual class schedule for this course.
- An examination of the capabilities, functions and fundamentals of second generation (2G) and third generation (3G) of cellular and mobile networks, technologies and systems
- An examination of new 4G mobile communication system
- How and why mobile and cellular communication networks, technologies, services and terminals are changing and evolving
- A look into the future world of Mobile Communications – The Internet of Things and 5G Mobile Technology