SDH and DWDM Fundamentals
In this course, participants will gain an in-depth understanding of the principles and technologies behind Synchronous Digital Hierarchy (SDH) and Dense Wavelength Division Multiplexing (DWDM) systems. This course will cover the basic concepts and network architectures of SDH and DWDM networks, as well as the key elements required to build evolving transport networks. The course will also equip participants with a solid business and technical foundation in optical networks, services and applications development.
- Strategic or Technical Managers and Consultants
- IT/Telecom Professionals
- System Engineers
- Marketing and Sales Professional
- Other professionals who plan on using, evaluating, designing or working with SONET/SDH, DWDM and optical networks
Duration & Training Format
- Classroom: 5 days
- LIVE Virtual*: 35 hours
- A minimum of 6 or more participants are required for a company-based LIVE Virtual course to commence
- LIVE Virtual courses can be conducted for 5 hours or 7 hours daily. Please note that the number of training days will be extended if you opt for 5 hours daily.
Upcoming Course Dates
There are no upcoming course dates currently scheduled for this course. If you are keen on attending this course, please register your interest and indicate your preferred start/end training dates via our course enquiry form for us to open a Classroom/LIVE Virtual class schedule for this course.
At the end of this course, participants will be able to:
- Understand the basics of fiber optic communications
- Explain the SDH architecture and service, and its benefits in modern communication networks
- Understand the purpose and structure of SDH overhead, and its importance in ensuring network stability and efficiency
- Explain the concepts of SDH synchronization and timing, and how these are achieved in modern SDH networks
- Understand the different SDH network architectures, topologies, and configurations, and their applications in various network scenarios
- Apply span engineering principles to design efficient and reliable SDH network spans
- Understand the principles of managing SDH networks, including network monitoring, troubleshooting, and maintenance
- Understand the components and architectures of DWDM systems, and their role in modern communication networks
- Analyze the different types of DWDM architectures and their applications in various network scenarios
- Executive Summary
- Overview of Fiber Optics Communications
- SDH Architectures & Services
- What are the Benefits of SDH?
- SDH Overhead
- SDH Synchronization and Timing
- SONET / SDH Network Architecture
- SONET / SDH Network Topologies and Configurations
- Span Engineering
- Managing SONET / SDH Networks and Services
- DWDM Components and Architecture
- SDH, IP, ATM, WDM and DWDM Integration
Be the first to add a review.
Please, login to leave a review