SDH and DWDM Fundamentals
Strategic or technical managers, consultants, communications professionals, IT professionals, system engineers,
marketing and sales professional and others who plan on using, evaluating, designing or working with SONET/SDH, DWDM and optical networks.
[Classroom: 3 days / LIVE Virtual*: 21 hours]
- A minimum of 5 or more participants are required for a company-based LIVE Virtual course to commence
- LIVE Virtual courses can be conducted for 5 hours or 7 hours daily. Please note that the number of training days will be extended if you opt for 5 hours daily.
This course provides an understanding of the SONET/SDH and DWDM networking technologies and elements that are required to build evolving transport networks. It provides participants with a solid business and technical foundation in optical networks, services and applications development.
- Executive Summary
- Overview of Fiber Optics Communications
- SDH Architectures & Services
- What are the Benefits of SDH?
- SDH Overhead
- SDH Synchronization and Timing
- SONET / SDH Network Architecture
- SONET / SDH Network Topologies and Configurations
- Span Engineering
- Managing SONET / SDH Networks and Services
- DWDM Components and Architecture
- SDH, IP, ATM, WDM and DWDM Integration