LTE / 4G – The Next Generation Mobile Networks
This course presents up-to-date information about the 4G LTE/LTE-Advanced technology and the corresponding 3GPP standards.
Participants will be led to examine the various aspects of LTE evolution, key features of 4G wireless technology and multiple antenna technology which includes Coordinated Multi-Point. In addition, 4G convergence (converged or single RAN), small cells, heterogeneous networks and integration with Wi-Fi will be elaborated upon.
This course will also address advanced topics on SON and VoLTE. Indoor and outdoor small and macro cell deployments, converged/Single RAN options, evolved all-IP core and transport network architectures and technologies will be covered.
- Technical managers that wish to learn and understand the benefits and potential issues of 4G
- Technical managers that wish to understand WiFi, 2G, 3G and 4G convergence
- Development, application and deployment engineers that require a good knowledge of the LTE / LTE-Advanced technology and its applications
[Classroom: 5 days / LIVE Virtual*: 35 hours]
- A minimum of 5 or more participants are required for a company-based LIVE Virtual course to commence
- LIVE Virtual courses can be conducted for 5 hours or 7 hours daily. Please note that the number of training days will be extended if you opt for 5 hours daily.
- LTE Principles
- LTE Physical Layer
- Multiple Antenna Techniques
- MAC, RLC and RRC Layer
- LTE Access Procedures
- Converged / Single RAN
- Backhaul and Transport Network
- Network Architecture and Applications