Heterogeneous Networks: Architecture, Planning and Design
This course provides an overview knowledge of Heterogeneous Networks (HetNets) and offers participants a strong insight into complementary network features such as Carrier Aggregation, Coordinated Multipoint and Device-to-Device Communications (D2D). It gives participants a very good understanding of these topics which are state-of-the art, and will address various issues from different perspectives, covering practical, technical and business aspects. Furthermore, participants will also gain in-depth and updated knowledge pertaining to current as well as future networks.
- Classroom: 4 days
- LIVE Virtual*: 28 hours
- A minimum of 6 or more participants are required for a company-based LIVE Virtual course to commence
- LIVE Virtual courses can be conducted for 5 hours or 7 hours daily. Please note that the number of training days will be extended if you opt for 5 hours daily.
There are no upcoming course dates currently scheduled for this course. If you are keen on attending this course, please register your interest and indicate your preferred training dates via our course enquiry form for us to open a Classroom/LIVE Virtual session for this course.
At the end of this course, participants will be able to:
- Describe the market drivers for HetNets
- Understand the fundamentals Small Cells and the meaning of Heterogeneous Networks.
- Understand the differences between macro, micro, pico, femto cells, DAS and carrier grade WiFi.
- Understand and be able to sketch the HetNet architecture as well as the key components.
- Determine HetNet coverage and capacity
- Identify the security requirements and risks for HetNets
- Analyse a HetNet solution/deployment in a rural environment
- Overview of HetNets and Small Cells
- HetNets for Urban deployments
- HetNet Technologies and Architectures
- HetNet Planning and Design
- HetNet Design Processes
- Device to Device (D2D)
- Towards 5G and IoT