Heterogeneous Networks: Architecture, Planning and Design
This course provides an overview knowledge of Heterogeneous Networks (HetNets) and offers participants a strong insight into complementary network features such as Carrier Aggregation, Coordinated Multipoint and Device-to-Device Communications (D2D). It gives participants a very good understanding of these topics which are state-of-the art, and will address various issues from different perspectives, covering practical, technical and business aspects. Furthermore, participants will also gain in-depth and updated knowledge pertaining to current as well as future networks.
[Classroom: 4 days / LIVE Virtual*: 28 hours]
- A minimum of 6 or more participants are required for a company-based LIVE Virtual course to commence
- LIVE Virtual courses can be conducted for 5 hours or 7 hours daily. Please note that the number of training days will be extended if you opt for 5 hours daily.
There are no upcoming course dates currently scheduled for this course. If you are keen on attending this course, please register your interest and indicate your preferred start/end training dates via our course enquiry form for us to open a Classroom/LIVE Virtual class schedule for this course.
At the end of this course, participants will be able to:
- Describe the market drivers for HetNets
- Understand the fundamentals Small Cells and the meaning of Heterogeneous Networks.
- Understand the differences between macro, micro, pico, femto cells, DAS and carrier grade WiFi.
- Understand and be able to sketch the HetNet architecture as well as the key components.
- Determine HetNet coverage and capacity
- Identify the security requirements and risks for HetNets
- Analyse a HetNet solution/deployment in a rural environment
- Overview of HetNets and Small Cells
- HetNets for Urban deployments
- HetNet Technologies and Architectures
- HetNet Planning and Design
- HetNet Design Processes
- Device to Device (D2D)
- Towards 5G and IoT