Exploring Open RAN Options
This course is designed for Network Design Engineers, National Regulators, Network Planning Engineers, Network Operations and Maintenance, Managers in the Radio, as well as professions who wish to learn Cloud RAN solutions.
- LIVE Virtual*: 1 day
- A minimum of 6 or more participants are required for a company-based LIVE Virtual course to commence
- LIVE Virtual courses can be conducted for 5 hours or 7 hours daily. Please note that the number of training days will be extended if you opt for 5 hours daily.
There are no upcoming course dates currently scheduled for this course. If you are keen on attending this course, please register your interest and indicate your preferred start/end training dates via our course enquiry form for us to open a Classroom/LIVE Virtual class schedule for this course.
This course is designed to give participants a basic understanding of the technologies and architectures involved in the Open-Radio Access Network (O-RAN). The course outlines the O-RAN concepts, architecture and new terminology like central functions and concepts like SMO, Non-RT RAN Intelligent Controller (RIC), Near-RT RAN Intelligent Controller, etc. Relevant interfaces and interaction with 4G/5G radio nodes are described, along with a few simple use case examples.
- O-RAN Concepts Definition
- Groups and Ecosystem
- O-RAN Architecture, Interfaces and New Components
- Benefits of O-RAN for Operators
- Challenges in RAN Architecture
- O-RAN Uses Cases
Note: A Certificate of Completion will only be issued upon achieving at least 75% attendance for the course.