Cloud RAN Essentials
This course discusses the evolution of the Radio Access Network (RAN) to Cloud RAN or Centralized RAN. With the shift toward more open, standards-based, software-centric virtual platforms, technical managers from mobile network operators will need to be aware of developments in the virtualized RAN market in order to drive the next level of network agility and flexibility and achieve significant operational gains. This course will also teach participants how to apply cloud and virtualization concepts in 5G technology.
This course is designed for Network Design Engineers, National Regulators, Network Planning Engineers, Network Operations and Maintenance, Managers in the Radio, as well as professions who wish to learn Cloud RAN solutions.
- LIVE Virtual*: 1 day
- A minimum of 6 or more participants are required for a company-based LIVE Virtual course to commence
- LIVE Virtual courses can be conducted for 5 hours or 7 hours daily. Please note that the number of training days will be extended if you opt for 5 hours daily.
There are no upcoming course dates currently scheduled for this course. If you are keen on attending this course, please register your interest and indicate your preferred start/end training dates via our course enquiry form for us to open a Classroom/LIVE Virtual class schedule for this course.
This course aims to equip technical professionals with the fundamentals of Cloud-RAN solution. At the end of this course, participants will learn:
- C-RAN principles
- Fundamentals of architecture and components
- Planning and design of C-RAN applied to 4G and 5G technologies
- Traditional RAN Solutions
- Cloud RAN Components
- 3GPP Architectural Options for 5G Network
- Motivation, Benefits and Challenges
- Planning and Design Considerations
- Connectivity Options
Note: A Certificate of Completion will only be issued upon achieving at least 75% attendance for the course.