This course provides an understanding of the SONET/SDH and DWDM networking technologies and elements that are required to build evolving transport networks. It provides participants with a solid business and technical foundation in optical networks, services and applications development.
Pre-Requisite for Participants:
Good understanding of basic communications principles.
Who Should Attend?
Strategic or technical managers, consultants, communications professionals, IT professionals, system engineers, marketing and sales professional and others who plan on using, evaluating, designing or working with SONET/SDH, DWDM and optical networks.
- Executive Summary
- Overview of Fiber Optics Communications
- SDH Architectures & Services
- What are the Benefits of SDH?
- SDH Overhead
- SDH Synchronization and Timing
- SONET/SDH Network Architecture
- SONET/SDH Network Topologies and Configurations
- Span Engineering
- Managing SONET/SDH Networks and Services
- DWDM Components and Architecture
- SDH, IP, ATM, WDM and DWDM Integration