To provide the knowledge and skills required to plan, design, and optimize Satellite Networks.
- In order to achieve this, the student will be provided with an actual Link Budget details and will be expected to master the following:
- Explain the basic of satellite communication
- Learn the different access techniques
- Published Satellite Operating Parameters and Information
- Understand and define topics in Satellite Transmission including Modulation Schemes, Forward Error Correction, Power Equivalent Bandwidth, Power Spectral Density, Saturation Flux Density, Input and Output Power Back Off, Transponder Pad Settings, System Noise, EIRP, G/T, C/N, Eb/No, Rain Fade
- Network Topologies including Distribution, Contribution, Direct-to-Home (DTH), Point-to-Point, Star, Mesh, and Hybrid Networks
- Topics in Multiplexing and Multiple Access including SCPC, TDM, TDMA, DAMA, DVB-RCS
- Satellite Bandwidth Planning and Transponder Bandwidth/ Power Allocations
- Link Budget Analysis after looking at link budget of examples/case studies
- Comparative Analysis between C and Ku Bands
- Problems and Exercises in Satellite Planning
Pre-Requisite for Participants:
The trainees should have basic understanding of Telecommunications and some knowledge of satellite communications. Some background in wireless will be preferable.
Who Should Attend?
Broadcasters, Broadcasting Companies that Utilize Satellite Links, Satellite TV Companies, GSM and Mobile Network Operators, Telecommunication Companies (PTTs, Carriers), Satellite Owner Companies, Satellite Up-link Operators, Internet Service Providers, IT & System Integration Companies, Government Organisations that rely on Satellite, Multinational Companies that rely on Satellite, Specialized Industries (Financial, Oil & Gas, Security, Law Enforcement), Aid and Assistance Organisations
- Review of Principles of Satellite Communications
- Advancements in Satellite Communications
- Tutorial on Uses of Link Budget
- Satellite Communications Network Design
- Topics and Exercises in Satellite Network Design