- Understand the end-to-end advanced concepts of FTTH GPON
- Comprehend the principles behind Optical Distribution Network (ODN) design
- Produce drawings of the architectures of Optical Line Terminating Equipment (OLTE), Optical Terminating Unit (ONU) and Optical Distribution Networks (ODN)
- Appreciate the advantages of GPON over other PON solutions
- Design a GPON network
- Plan GPON services to support the requirements of a large city
- Complete GPON practical exercises
Course Overview:This is an advanced level course designed to give participants an end-to-end insight into the concepts and technologies which support FTTH GPON systems. The evolution of FTTH technology is a key issue for the telecommunications industry today. Next generation technologies are required in the access network to deliver ‘bandwidth hungry’ services to consumers. FTTH GPON is rapidly becoming the preferred choice among major operators – it is already the dominant technology choice in North America. The global market for GPON is projected to reach US$ 10.5 billion by 2020, driven by the growing demand for bandwidth, against the backdrop of increasing penetration of the Internet and ‘triple-play’ services. The course proceeds from considering the fundamentals principles of optical fiber transmission and PON (e.g. components, applications, best practice) to more complex concepts (e.g. enhanced transmission techniques, advanced functionalities, encapsulation). Participants are taught how to design a GPON system including planning and dimensioning for a number of different real life FTTX scenarios.
Pre-Requisite for Participants:Basic understanding of Optical Networking and IP Fundamentals Knowledge of telecommunications transport systems (E1, SDH) Good understanding of data networking concepts Prior attendance at Course A1: FTTH Overview Prior attendance at Course A2: FTTX and GPON Design Workshop Prior attendance at Course A3: FTTX and GPON Technical Workshop All HIGHLY desirable.
Who Should Attend?Managers, supervisors and senior telecommunications planning professionals involved in the planning, design and engineering of FTTX GPON networks. The course is also suitable for consultants, contractors, IT professionals and system engineers deployed in the NGAN environment.
Course Duration:3 days.
Upcoming Training Available:
- There is no schedule available for the course. Kindly fill in below form for enquiry.