Upon completion of this course, the participants would be able to:
- Describe what 5G is.
- Describe the 5G technology drivers.
- List the 5G features and their benefits.
- Describe the 5G network architecture and its key technologies
- Illustrate the 5G architecture and components
- Explain the RF, PHY, MAC and Core network operation of 5G
- Describe typical 5G Use Cases and deployment scenarios
- Describe the conditions necessary to support 5G deployments
- Describe how to deploy 5G Smallcells for their coexistence with pre-5G macrocells.
- Describe advanced wireless technology concepts like Massive MIMO, Virtualized RAN and more.
Pre-Requisite for Participants:
Knowledge of core networking and functions.
Basic understanding of IP-based communication.
Experience with IT infrastructure (i.e. Ethernet, Switches, Routers).
Understanding of current 4G Air Interface and Core Network technologies.
Who Should Attend?
Anyone interested to understand 5G technologies and its use cases.
Radio, Packet Core Engineers and Managers involved in the planning and design of wireless networks, Project Managers, IP Engineers, Technical Product Managers, Technical Product Marketing professionals, Technical Strategy Officials, C-level Decision Makers & Executives, Regulators.
Minimum 3-days, instructor-led training, subject to customization.
Typically this is delivered as a 4-day course
- Introduction to 5G Wireless Communications
- 5G Requirements and Specifications
- 5G Standardization
- 5G Internet
- 5G Mobile Networks
- 5G Air Interface
- Security for 5G Wireless Communications
- 5G Operational Scenarios