Since the early 1970's the Mobile Evolution has seen the number of mobile phones in use grow to 4.9 billion today - with continued phenomenal growth forecast into the future (Statista).
This course (which is a mixture of overhead presentations, interactive sessions, case studies, quizzes and multi-media clips) considers the key drivers behind this amazing growth, as well as the challenges faced by Operators and Manufacturers in keeping pace.
The advent of the Internet and consumer demand for Internet Services 'to the hand' has changed the Mobile Technology landscape for ever.
This course examines the evolution of 2G, 3G, 4G and 5G technologies and architectures in turn - considering improvements and new services as well as any limitations.
Participants are given a glimpse of the future world of Mobile Communications - Technologies, Systems, Networks, Terminals and Applications - with particular emphasis on the Internet of Things and 5G Technologies.
Who Should Attend?
- People who wish to understand traditional cellular networks (3GPP networks i.e. GSM/UMTS/LTE) and also alternative technologies (non-3GPP networks i.e. Wi-Fi/WiMAX etc.) of mobile communication that can provide voice and data services.
- Those who are keen to know more about the future of mobile communication technologies – 5G and the Internet of Things.
- High level Executives who wish to have an overview knowledge of each technology and a better understanding of the industry.
- An examination of the capabilities, functions and fundamentals of second generation (2G) and third generation (3G) of cellular and mobile networks, technologies and systems
- An examination of new 4G mobile communication system
- How and why mobile and cellular communication networks, technologies, services and terminals are changing and evolving
- A look into the future world of Mobile Communications – The Internet of Things and 5G Mobile Technology