The goal of WCDMA Radio Network Optimisation course is to present details on a number of optimisation problems, techniques and solutions specific to WCDMA radio-access networks. The participants will learn about radio network planning, deployment and optimisation. Solutions that include micro-cellular and in-building systems as well as pilot, handover, repeater, antenna and sub-sectorisation techniques will be presented in detail. Furthermore, the participants will learn about service-specific performance and inter-system issues.
Pre-Requisite for Participants:
Detailed knowledge of the WCDMA technology is needed. Furthermore, knowledge of the UMTS network protocols, architecture, and procedures is required. A good knowledge of GSM networks will be instrumental.
Who Should Attend?
This course is intended for radio network planning managers, radio network planning and optimisation engineers;
- 3GPP Standardisation and UMTS Overview
- WCDMA for UMTS-FDD
- UMTS Radio Access Procedures
- HSDPA and HSUPA
- Radio Network Planning and Dimensioning
- Introduction to HSDPA and HSUPA
- Radio System Performance Enhancements
- Handover Optimisation
- Inter System Planning and Optimisation
- Micro Cell and Indoor Solutions
- Network Management and Optimisation