The course provides an in-depth study into the technological solutions and standards that will enable the migration of telephony services (Voice and SMS) over LTE/EPC networks.
After successful completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Understand and describe the VoLTE and WiFi Calling
- Understand the EPC/SAE architecture and its components in relation to VoLTE
- Describe SRVCC and its evolution
- Describe how IMS works and is related to Voice delivery
- Describe E2E signalling of SIP, VoLTE and VoWiFi
- Understand how to plan and optimize LTE & EPC to deliver VoLTE
- Understand how to engineer both LTE and WiFi for best possible VoLTE/VoWiFi Quality of Experience (QoE)
The course provides a solid technical understanding of the different types of LTE voice endorsed by 3GPP and the LTE industry. More specifically, the course covers in depth the procedural call flows as well as the necessary network optimization steps required to deliver high performance and quality experience of voice services. The course contents goes beyond VoLTE covering in depth WiFi Calling (VoWiFi), its call flows, handover, and performance optimization for a holistic and uniform packet based Voice service
Completing the course, participants will be proficient enough to design, plan and optimize a best-in-class VoLTE service that satisfies the current and future market requirements.
Pre-requisite for Participants:
Basic knowledge of the LTE/EPC and legacy 2G/3G systems (GSM/UMTS), Basic understanding of IP-based communication.
Who Should Attend?
Radio and Packet core engineers, managers, project managers, IP engineers, technical product managers, technical marketing officials, technical strategy officials.
Duration and Training Format:
5-day instructor-led training.
- VoLTE System Architecture
- VoLTE Functionality
- VoLTE End-to-End Signalling
- Subscription & device configuration
- EPS Attach and Default Bearer activation
- IMS SIP & SDP for VoLTE
- IMS Registration
- IMS VoIP Session
- VoLTE codecs
- Voice Continuity (SRVCC)
- E2E Call flow scenarios
- VoLTE emergency session
- VoLTE Messaging
- VoLTE Supplementary Services
- CS Fallback
- Voice over WiFi Overview
- Standardization: LTE <-> WiFi Voice mobility
- Hotspot 2.0
- Diameter messages
- Functionality and Signalling of VoWiFi
- Trusted WiFi access in EPC
- Untrusted WiFi access in EPC
- VoLTE Planning & Optimization
- Voice over WiFi Planning & Optmization
- E2E VoLTE/VoWiFi QoE
- UE Capabilities
- MOS for VoLTE
- Engineering E2E Voice QoE