This course focuses on teaching the skills and best practices needed for designing and delivering scalable, highly-reliable LTE roaming services.
In addition to lecture materials, this course includes real network configuration examples to ensure that participants apply what they learn and put their knowledge to practice in their work.
Upon completing all the topics contained in this course, participants are expected to sit for a certification exam at the end of the course.
Course materials and exam are developed and deliverd by Telefocal’s LTE and Roaming subject matter experts.
Who Should Attend??
This 5-day course is designed for engineers who have the ambition to become an expert in all aspects of designing, building, and supporting LTE roaming networks and services.
- Understanding Evolution of Mobile Communication (GSM to IMS Networks)
- Overview of GSM Network/Components/GSM Interfaces/Protocols
- GSM Numbering Plan, GSM Mobile Service Management, GSM Security Management
- Overview of 3G/4G Networks/ MSS Nodes (MSC Server and MGW)
- Introduction to Roaming Networks
- Inbound and outbound Roaming
- GSM Service Flow Analysis (Voice and Data)
- Signaling System No. 7 Overview and ISUP Signaling
- Fundamentals of SCCP Routing, GT Analysis
- Understanding GSM MAP Signaling
- 3G call flows
- 4G call flows
- Case Study: GT Analysis
- Case Study: MAP Signal Traces Analysis
- Case Study: DIAMETER Analysis
- Basic GSM SMS Theory
- Understand SMS in Roaming Networks (Inbound and Outbound Roaming)
- Understand Basics of CAMEL Signaling in Roaming Networks
- Introduction to LTE Roaming
- Basic SIP Signaling and Call Flow
- Case Study: Analyzing a SIP Call (Using Wireshark Tracer)
- Understand International Roaming Implementation
- Network Implementation (HLR & SCCP Connections)
- Establishing International Roaming (Commercial, IREG, TADIG testing and documentation used such as AA.12, AA.13,
- 14, IR.21 and used test cases)
- Understand Process Flow of International Roaming
- Convergence Billing for postpaid and prepaid roaming
- International Roaming Billing (CDR flows and TAP creation)
- Understanding the Role of DCH and FCH in Roaming
- Dealing on Fraud and Roaming Disputes
- Analysis of International Roaming Call Flow (Voice, SMS & GPRS)