After attending this training participants will be able to:
- Describe the principle elements of international submarine telecommunication networks, the key drivers for their deployment, and the various business models employed, including a traditional carrier consortium
- Describe submarine cable system network components, architecture, and types of interface supported
- Describe the products supported by submarine cable systems, including IP Transit and IPLC, and the product Life Cycle
- Prepare a cost model for a submarine cable network
- Use standard pricing models to understand potential revenue streams for a submarine cable network
- Prepare a business case for a submarine cable project, combining cost and revenue to elements to examine key financial indicators
- Understand regional and global traffic trends in submarine cable system
The course has been designed to help bridge the knowledge gaps that may exist in telecom professionals working on telecom systems and interfaces such as SDH, Gigabit Ethernet, OTN etc. and non-telecom professionals, including financial experts, product costing and product development professionals working in related industries. It will also be beneficial for marketing professionals who wish to understand both the technical and commercial aspects of submarine cables and their products, along with traffic and costing trends globally and regionally.
Participants will gain a comprehensive understanding of the international requirements, development and operation of submarine cables, along with interface details to develop voice and data products required for marketing. They will also obtain a good grasp of the traffic and costing trends regionally and globally.
Who Should Attend?
Telecom engineers, strategic planners, costing professionals, product development experts, financial experts etc.
3-day instructor-led training
- International Telecom Network Requirements
- Network Architecture of SMC (Submarine Cable)
- Optical Fiber Communication System
- Submarine Cable Endeavours
- Leasing Approaches
- Technical and Commercial overview of SMC products
- Data and Voice Products for SMC
- Telecom Product development life cycle
- Cost model for SMC systems
- Pricing models and global trends
- Revenue streams
- Building a Business Case for a SMC project
- Global and Regional Traffic Trends for submarine telecom services
- Bandwidth Market, Players and competition Trends
- Operations and Maintenance
- Product QoS
- Service Level Agreements
- Case Studies