This course equips participants with an in-depth knowledge of the two most important, yet disruptive, network technologies that promise to transform networks operated by Carrier Service Providers: Software Defined Networking (SDN) and Network Functions Virtualization (NFV).
The aim of the course is to give participants a deep technical understanding of the two most important, yet disruptive, network technologies that will transform networks operated by Carrier Service Providers: Software Defined Networking (SDN) and Network Functions Virtualization (NFV).
After completing the course, the participants would be able to:
- Understand the core concepts of virtualization, Cloud computing, Virtualization of network elements
- Understsand why NFV offers extraordinary potential to enhance the delivery of carrier and enterprise network services.
- Explain the revolution in NFV, SDN, OpenFlow, OpenStack, and Cloud computing.
- Describe the key benefits of SDN, the separation of data and control planes
- Describe the SDN data plane
- Analyse the operation of the SDN control plane
- Configure a SDN-friendly network emulator
- Evaluate a sample SDN’s performance and reliability
- Explain network virtualization and describe NFV reference architecture.
- Describe techniques used for verification and debugging of SDNs
- Describe Network Functions Virtualization components and how they work together
- Explain how to create new network services using SDN and NFV
- Describe the role and functionality of middleboxes in networks and how they are managed
- Configure a sample service using SDN and NFV
- Describe techniques to enable applications to control the underlying network using SDN
- Understand how SDN and NFV complement each other
- Discuss the role of NFV in LTE & IMS network design, operations and functions.
Pre-Requisite for Participants:
Knowledge of core networking and functions.
Basic understanding of IP-based communication.
Experience with IT infrastructure (i.e. Ethernet, Switches, Routers).
Basic understand of software principles (i.e. APIs)
Who Should Attend?
Anyone interested to understand this important revolution in IT & Networking i.e. Radio and Packet Core Engineers, Managers, Project Managers, IP Engineers, Technical Product Managers, Technical Marketing Officials, Technical Strategy Officials, IT Managers, C-level Decision Makers & Executives.
4-day instructor-led training
- Fundamentals of Modern Networking
- The Need for Software Defined Networking
- SDN Deep Dive
- Virtualization and Network Virtualizations
- Network Function Virtualization
- Network Topology and Topological Information Abstraction
- Security Challenges in SDN
- NFV Application Lifecycle
- SDN Hands on Workshop (OPTIONAL)