This course starts by presenting the deep fundamental functions concerning SIP such as transaction handling, dialogs, different error situations, timers. Then practical exercises where the students will troubleshoot a SIP network using analysis tools.
4-day instructor-led training.
- VoIP and SIP Review
- Background, History and Internet heritage
- Main Components; Servers and Clients.
- Benefits and Rules with Different Transport Protocols UDP, TCP, SCTP.
- Basic Sessions and SIP Mobility Features
- SDP Basics
- Addressing and Registration
- Message Structure and Format Rules.
- SIP Registration
- Message Forwarding
- Session Management
- Troubleshooting Tools presentation
- Installation of Wireshark
- Important SIP Rules
- Capturing and Analyzing SIP Call Exchange