After Attending this training participants will be able to
- Describe copper access network and DSL systems evolution,
- Describe basics of fiber optic network and systems,
- Describe optical access network evolution,
- Describe and compare the different Next Generation Access Network (NGAN) architectures and technologies,
- Understand network elements and construction techniques for ODN development,
- Provide knowledge and basic criteria for ODN planning,design and management
The development of optical access network (NGAN – Next Generation Access Network) can be implemented with different architectures (FTTx): with fiber links up to the cabinet (FTTC) or up to the building (FTTB) or directly to the home (FTTH). Each solution, moreover, can be made with different topologies and technologies: point-to-multipoint (P2MP) with PON systems or point-to-point (P2P) with Ethernet systems.
The course describes the different architectures, highlighting the advantages and disadvantages of various solutions.
The key criteria of ODN (Optical Distribution Network) planning, designing and construction are explored and some case studies are proposed. The main guidelines of network operation and maintenance are described.
Pre-Requisite for Participants:
Good understanding of basic communications principles.
Who Should Attend??
The course address the needs of telecommunication operators involved in development and management of NGAN network. It is suitable for network engineers and managers.