After completing the training, the participant will be able to:
- Appreciate the early concepts of Telecommunications and how they are constantly being developed
- Understand how the Telecoms landscape has grown and transformed dramatically over the years
- Acknowledge the various network types e.g. Wireline, Wireless and how they inter-operate
- Learn about the future of key modern Telecoms technologies including the Het-Net, Cloud Services, IPTV, 5G Mobile Technology and the Internet of Everything.
- Construct an overview understanding of the complex global Telecommunications landscape.
The birth, growth, transformation and future of Telecommunications represents a fascinating topic.
Since Alexander Graham Bell’s amazing telephony breakthrough in 1877, our world has been transformed by a series of engineering triumphs which has intensified connectivity and enhanced our overall wellbeing on planet earth.
Knowledge and competence is vital for professionals in this ever-changing telecommunications industry.
“Modern Telecommunications Technologies and Systems: An Overview
” is a 3-day course that provides Professionals with fundamental understanding and appreciation of key modern Systems in operation today.
Basic concepts of Telecommunications Systems and how they are constantly evolving is discussed and important Wireline (DSL, FTTH) and Wireless Access (2G/3G/4G Mobile) technologies are reviewed.
Participants will learn the basics of Voice and Data Communications, fixed and radio transmission systems including short range radio technologies such as Wi-Fi, Bluetooth and Wi-Gig.
A number of the latest mainstream technology breakthroughs: the growth and influence of the Internet, Cyber Security, IPTV, Mobile Offloading, 5G Technology and the Internet of Everything and other emerging technologies and systems will be covered.
Overhead presentations, Interactive sessions, Quizzes, Multi-media sessions and Use Cases ensure that the course is as enjoyable as it is informative.
This course serves as foundation knowledge for other Telecommunications courses run by Telefocal Asia
Who Should Attend?
Technical and non-Technical professionals working in Telecommunications industry.
Other Executives seeking an appreciation of modern Telecommunications systems.
- What is Telecomunications?
- Basic Concepts of Telecommunications
- The Telecommunications Jigsaw
- Electromagnetic Signals
- Analogue v Digital Signals: Overview
- Modulation and Multiplexing Techniques
- Circuit Switching and Packet Switching
- Signalling Technologies and Principles
- Telecommunications Networks
- OSI Reference Model
- Data Networking
- Transmission Media Types
- Wireline and Wireless Technologies
- Short Range Radio Systems
- Fixed Broadband Technologies: Overview
- DSL, FTTX, FTTH GPON, NG-PON2
- Carrier Ethernet: Overview
- Review of Day 1
- An Introduction to The Internet
- The Power of the Internet
- How Does the Internet Work?
- OSI Reference Model and TCP/IP
- How we access the Internet
- ‘Triple-Play’ Services
- VoIP and IPTV: Overview
- IP Networking: Overview
- Internet Performance Limitations
- Cloud Services
- Cyber Risk and Cyber Defence
- Spectrum Management Handbook (IMDA)
- A Brief History of Television
- From Analogue to Digital TV (DTV)
- Digital TV (DTV) and Digital Audio Broadcasting: Overview
- Image, Audio and Video Compression Standards
- From Digital TV to IPTV
- How IPTV works
- Internet TV and Zero TV
- IPTV: Emerging Trends
- Review of Day 2
- What is Mobile Technology?
- The Mobile Revolution
- Mobility Report (Source: Ericsson, November 2016)
- Basic Concepts of Mobile Technologies
- Mobile Multiple Access Technologies
- Transmission Control Channels
- Mobile Encryption
- Radio Frequency Spectrum (Singapore)
- Licensed and Unlicensed Frequencies
- Short Range Radio Systems (e.g. Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, Wi-Gig)
- Mobile Backhaul
- 2G/3G/4G Mobile Technologies: Overview
- Mobile Network Evolution
- Mobile Offloading Techniques
- Wi-Fi/WiMAX, UMA, Het-Net
- Emerging Telecommunications Technologies and Systems
- NFC, LBS, Li-Fi, Phablets, Augmented Reality
- NFV and SDN, The Third Network
- 5G Mobile Technology: Overview
- Key Performance Specifications
- Challenges still to be Overcome
- The Internet of Things
- The Hyper Connected Society
- Big Data Analytics
- Applications for Individual, Business, Society
- Low Power Wide Area Network (LPWAN)
- Emerging Connectivity Options (e.g. NB-IoT, SigFox, LoRaWAN)
- Review of Day 3