On completion of MEF Carrier Ethernet Professional (MEF-CECP) training, participants will be able to:
- Identify the importance of Carrier Ethernet.
- Learn how to build networks to deliver Carrier Ethernet Services
- Design optimal applications of Carrier Ethernet for Service Provider markets.
- Understand Carrier Ethernet deployment solutions.
- Understand, compare and choose according to application, how Ethernet Services can be delivered over different transport technologies.
- Understand how Carrier Ethernet is used as an access technology and its importance to Network Operators?
- Understand and distinguish between the service attributes and how these are used to meet customer demands
- Compare and position Ethernet services to other alternatives.
- Examine options for delivery of Next Generation Services over Carrier Ethernet.
- Identify how services OAM are being performed.
- Identify how QoS and security can be guaranteed.
Carriers are in the transitioning phase from the traditional Telco 1.0 era to the Telco 2.0 era where data traffic is dominating their networks. A well known technology to provide cost efficient connectivity over data networks is Ethernet which is the interface of choice for virtually all applications and services. With Ethernet, Carriers can deliver these services at lower operating costs, higher flexibility and scalability to all current and future network technologies, always ensuring QoS.
The Metro Ethernet Forum has evolved a set of standard service definitions for the kind of Ethernet services customers now require. Service providers can deliver services between sites that look to customers like end-to-end Ethernet. Network operators can emulate other traditional services (i.e. TDM) over the same infrastructure and deliver all services using Carrier Ethernet.
This training course is intended to provide a strong insight to Carrier Ethernet technologies, the Metro Ethernet Forum specifications for services and how these services can be delivered over different carrier core and access networks and transport platform along with other services deployed.
A very good understanding of IEEE802.1 standards, principles of internetworking, IP, Ethernet, WAN design and concepts.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
Product managers, product planners, Pre-Sales managers, sales engineers, engineers, technical solutions architects, business solutions engineers and managers. Individual who designs Carrier Ethernet Switching solution for service providers or anyone interested in deploying Carrier Ethernet services.
|Next Generation Carrier Network Requirements
Carrier Ethernet Services
Transporting Carrier Ethernet Services
Carrier Ethernet Access Technologies
Carrier Ethernet Basic Definitions
Key UNI, ENNI, and EVC service attributes
|Carrier Ethernet Certification
Target Application for Ethernet Services
Comparing and Positioning Ethernet Services
Circuit Emulation over Ethernet including Carrier Ethernet for Mobile Backhaul
Service Operations Administration and Maintenance (SOAM)
Evaluation & Review
** This course leads to certification as an MEF Carrier Ethernet Certified Professional (MEF-CECP) and candidates are expected to sit for the MEF CECP Examination within a stipulated period after taking the course.