The objectives of this training are to present details on various wireless communication technologies and system architectures used to implement machine-to-machine (M2M) communication systems. The attendees will learn about metering, health care, smart city, automotive and industrial applications. Current market statistics and predictions will be presented. Cellular, capillary and hybrid solutions will be presented. The Internet, 2G, 3G and 4G cellular architectures enabling M2M services and their integration with short range ZigBee/802.15.4 and WiFi solutions will be analyzed in greater detail.
This 5-day training will focus on M2M technologies and applications. Following topics would be addressed during the training.
- Applications: metering, health care, smart city, automotive and industrial.
- Market statistics and predictions.
- Cellular, capillary and hybrid solutions.
- Elements of the system: sensor and actuator nodes, gateways, access and core network, servers and terminals.
- Specifics of GSM/GPRS/EDGE, UMTS/HSPA and LTE/LTE-A for M2M.
- Specifics of ZigBee/802.15.4 and WiFi for M2M
- The Internet integration.
- QoS and KPIs for M2M.
- Business models.
- Real world case studies and deployment options.
Pre-Requisite for Participants:
Strong understanding of wireless communication systems is required.
Experience with 2G and 3G wireless technologies and IP networks would appreciated but not required.
Who Should Attend?
- Technical managers that want to learn and understand the benefits and potential issues of M2M.
- Technical managers that want to understand 2G, 3G and 4G and ZigBee/802.15.4 and WiFi integration in M2M systems.
- Development, application and deployment engineers that require good understanding of M2M issues so they can solve real-world M2M problems and architect systems.