The goal of this training is to enable the participants to develop detailed understanding of LTE QoS mechanisms, functions of each network element and means to optimize them. Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) will be defined and analyzed in greater detail. It will help engineering teams to perform QoS planning, optimization and management. The radio access as well as core network aspects will be addressed (including 2G/3G handover and WiFi offloading). The most critical applications will be discussed, such as VoIP and multimedia coupled with IMS and SIP.
- Understand LTE, including motivation for its development, its history, and its capabilities
- Learn about radio access network functions
- Understand air interface resource allocation in order to provide the required QoS
- Learn about core network architecture and functions in great detail
- Understand EPS bearers and QoS applied to different bearers and data flows
- Define LTE KPIs
- Discuss quality from end-user perspective, i.e., Quality-of-Experience (QoE)
- Analyze VoIP and multimedia application specifics (including IMS and SIP)
- How to address capacity and/or coverage issues
- Learn about wide variety of options to optimize radio access, core and transport (backhaul) network to meet QoS goals
- Compare LTE versus 3G QoS mechanisms and optimization methodologies
- Learn how to use WiFi offloading to improve QoS
Participants will gain state-of-the art knowledge regarding LTE QoS performance, benchmarking and radio-access as well as core network parameter optimization.
Pre-Requisite for Participants:
The participants should have basic knowledge of 3G and LTE.
Who Should Attend?
- Technical managers who want to learn and understand the benefits and potential issues with QoS and QoE in LTE data networks.
- Technical managers who want to understand integration of 2G, 3G, WiFi and LTE, focusing on VoIP and multimedia applications.
- Development, network and optimization management and engineers that require a good working knowledge of LTE QoS-based planning and optimization.
5-day instructor-led training
- LTE Introduction
- LTE Radio Access Network Basics
- LTE Core Network Basics
- LTE Bearers and QoS
- QoS Mechanisms
- Applications and QoS
- KPIs and QoS
- Radio Access QoS Optimization
- Radio Access QoS Optimization, cont’d.
- Core and Transport QoS Optimization