The goal of this course is to learn how to optimize a LTE Network based on real operating network examples.
The first step towards optimizing a LTE Network is to have a standard configuration, called baseline, which should be aligned with the operator’s LTE strategy. Once a baseline has been established and the network configured, optimization will start.
Optimization can be divided in two phases:
- Pre-Optimization Phase: This is based on Drive Tests. It is the first step prior to commercializing a LTE network.
- Monitoring/Optimization: This is based on counters. Once the LTE network has been commercialized, KPIs can be computed from traffic generated by users.
This course will covers in depth all these three phases: Configuration, Pre-optimization and Optimization.
Each phase will include a brief review of the theory related to each specific area of analysis, real examples and exercises with the most common issues:
- Baseline: It will include a standard configuration of the most important parameters related to an operator’s strategy: Power, Scheduler cell selection/reselection, mobility in connected mode (intra/inter-Freq), iRAT LTE-3G, CSFB, Fast Return to LTE and features from SON (ANR; ICIC, MRO)
- Pre-Optimization: Main measurements from a Drive Test: RSRP, RSRQ, SINR, MCS, SINR, PRB, MIMO Mode, Rank Index, Throughput and L3 Messages. Analysis of DT KPIs and reaching targets
- Monitoring/Optimization: Understanding main counters from LTE. Main KPIs from counters. Analysis and troubleshooting of issues. Call Trace activation and analysis
After this course, the students will be ready to start managing a LTE network in order to improve its performance.
They will possess the knowledge required to configure a network that is aligned with the operator’s strategy and create a standard configuration targeted at producing the best performance in most of commonly faced scenarios.
Participants will gain knowledge to troubleshoot main issues from analyzing Drive Test data, e.g. low throughput areas.
Finally, this course will provide the tools to monitor a LTE network and measure its performance. Also included is an optimization of the main issues analyzed through employing counters and call traces from the OSS.
Pre-Requisite for Participants:
The participants should have basic knowledge of 3G and LTE.
Who Should Attend??
- Technical managers who want to learn and understand the benefits and potential issues with QoS and QoE in LTE data networks.
- Technical managers who want to understand integration of 2G, 3G, WiFi and LTE, focusing on VoIP and multimedia applications.
- Development, network and optimization management and engineers that require a good working knowledge of LTE QoS-based planning and optimization.
5-day instructor-led training