The goal of this course is to present details and up-to-date information on the 4G LTE/LTE-Advanced technology and the corresponding 3GPP standards. The course will look into various aspects of LTE evolution, key features of 4G wireless technology and multiple antenna technology which includes Coordinated Multi-Point. In addition, topics like 4G convergence (converged or single RAN), small cells, heterogeneous networks and integration with WiFi will be elaborated upon. It will also address advanced topics on SON and VoLTE. The course will also cover indoor and outdoor small and macro cell deployments, converged/Single RAN options, evolved all-IP core and transport network architectures and technologies.
A strong knowledge of wireless communication systems is required. Experience with 2G or 3G radio technologies is needed.
Who Should Attend?
- Technical managers that want to learn and understand the benefits and potential issues of 4G.
- Technical managers that want to understand WiFi, 2G, 3G and 4G convergence.
- Development, application and deployment engineers that require a good knowledge of the LTE/LTE-Advanced technology and its applications.
- LTE Principles
- LTE Physical Layer
- Multiple Antenna Techniques
- MAC, RLC and RRC Layer
- LTE Access Procedures
- Converged/Single RAN
- Backhaul and transport network
- Network Architecture and Applications