Upon completion of this course the participant would be able to:
- Understand the reasons for IPv6
- Analyze the advantages and disadvantages of IPv6 paradigms
- Understand the addressing mechanism
- Understand the migration path from IPv4 to IPv6
- Explore the enabling technologies, standards, and applications for IPv6 networks
IPv6 is the new version of the IP that we use for about 30 years. IPv6 was first introduced to solve the IP address shortage but includes a lot of improvements over the older version. This course presents the principles of the protocol, the addressing mechanism, the new extensions and services along with the migration process from Ipv4.
Pre-requisite for Participants:
Introduction to IP.
5-day instructor-led training.
- IPv6 overview
- IPv6 header format
- DNS for IPv6
- IPv6 Interface with Ethernet
- Implementation and APIs
- Deployment and Migration from IPv4
- Standardization Status