Duration and Training Format
3 days, Instructor-led Training
This course is a unique blend of telecom and IP technologies, tailored for network beginners interested in the challenging and exciting world of networking technologies. Course topics include essential technologies, structures, functions, and data transmission methods in modern LANs and WANs. Hands-on labs offer participants the opportunity to build a simple network from scratch, and then observe network behavior with a protocol analyzer.
- Differentiate the popular communication models
- Explain the functions of the IP suite of protocols
- Describe the architecture of IP addressing
- Design a medium size network addressing scheme
- Explain the working of VLANs and Carrier Ethernet
- Describe transport technologies used for IP, such as SDH, DWDM, etc.
- Hands-On Lab explaining VLAN and Switching fundamentals
Who Should Attend?
- Network Engineers, Designers, and Administrators
- Product Managers who wish to launch IP-Based Services
- Telecom Professionals with little or no IP background
- Non-Telecom Professionals who are keen to learn the basics of IP technologies
Some background in Telecom and IP Networks is preferred.
- Module 1: Network Fundamentals
- Module 2: Ethernet Networking
- Module 3: IP Addressing
- Module 4: Layer 2 Switching
- Module 5: IP Routing
- Module 6: Security
- Module 7: Carrier Ethernet
- Module 8: Transport Technologies
- Module 9: Hands-On Exercises