After successfully completing this course, participants will be able to:
- Plan and Design 3G/4G Mobile backhaul networks
- Understand advance router solutions IP/MPLS
- Differentiate between the access and aggregation networks
- Sketch the 3G/4G IP backhaul deployment architecture
- Know the differences of Ethernet backhaul services from Private line service to Ethernet VP Tree service
- Understand the components of E-OAM CFM (Fault Management)
- Recognize the importance of Microwave in a secondary market environment for hard to reach locations.
- Explain benefits of Carrier Ethernet and list various services provided for backhaul
- Offer multiple differentiated services as a mobile operator
- Describe and Compare the challenges for different 3G/4G backhaul facilities and explain the pros and cons of the available solutions
- Compare and contrast IP/MPLS vs IP/Ethernet and list various services provided for backhaul.
- Sketch possible migration path T1/E1 based backhaul solution to tomorrow’s IP/Carrier Ethernet based backhaul solution
- Differentiate between MPLS-TP and PBB-TE.
- Discuss the role of various technologies in backhaul networks with the importance of synchronization methods such as IEEE 1588
- Apply the end-to-end QoS concepts in IP and Ethernet integrated backhaul and their usage as part of the SLA and Identify how QoS and security can be guaranteed.
- Compare different backhaul facilities and explain the pros and cons of the available solutions.
- Calculate protocol overhead for various backhaul options for voice, Web, video, etc.
- Utilize traffic models to forecast backhaul requirements and calculate link bandwidths
- Backhaul Network Testing RFC 2544 Y.1731
- Overview, challenges, requirements & solutions of Synchronization for Carrier Ethernet in mobile backhaul with case studies from different mobile operators.
Pre-Requisite for Participants:
Knowledge of telecommunications understanding of switching.
Who Should Attend?
Engineers, Managers and staff of Mobile companies who work in and plan to deploy Ethernet/IP backhaul networks.
- 3G/4G Mobile Backhaul Design
- IP addressing, routing
- Ethernet/IP Backhaul Network Design
- QoS, Timing and SLA
- Ethernet Backhaul Level and Network Testing
- Ethernet Backhaul Network Traffic measurements and Capacity planning