3-day instructor-led training
After attending the training, participants will be able to:
- Understand the concepts of IoT and its impact on the consumer, business & government organizations
- Understand the various components and architecture ofIoT
- Understand the current and upcoming communication technologies for IoT connectivity
- Be able to describe, compare and select the appropriate communications technology for each use case and scenario.
- Understand the role of modern computing (deployment and service models, architecture, private cloud infrastructural concerns, security and privacy concerns) in IoT
- Understand the role of each step of the value chain and most importantly the value of connectivity and business analytics in IoT
- Analyze and explore the security andprivacy challenges in IoT
The course provides a solid technical understanding of the different IoT technologies involved in a modern IoT scenarios and use cases, covering open and standardised technologies from LTE-M/Cat-0/1/3, NB-IoT and 5G to closed and propriatory like Sigfox, LoRaWAN, Weightless and more. The connectivity technologies are covered from holistic 360 degrees perspective coving standardization, pros/cons, regulatory aspects, security, ecosystem and applicability to use cases. Software and platform stacks for IoT are also covered in great extent and depth covering the full stack of IoT Platforms and architectures ranging from connectivity management to analytics to application enablement. Several architectures and best practices are covered and linked with the use cases for vertical industries, covering benefits business models, challenges of each industry and use case.
Completing the course, participants will be proficient enough of the current and upcoming IoT technologies and standards, their operation and benefits as well as be able to plan and design a best of class IoT solution that satisfy the current and future requirements of a connected society.
PRE-REQUISITE FOR PARTICIPANTS
Basic knowledge of Networking, IP, Software architectures and basic understanding of wireless communications.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
Engineers of all levels, managers, project managers, product managers, regulators, technical marketing officials, technical strategy officials.
- Introduction to IoT
- IoT Technical Overview
- IoT Communication Technologies
- IoT network architectures and topologies
- IoT Protocols
- IoT Hardware, Software, Platforms and Systems
- Security andPrivacy
- IoT Applications & Use Cases
- IoT Segmentation
- Digitalization & Digital Transformation of vertical industries
- Smart Cities & SmartSocieties