After attending this “Internet of Things (IoT) Workshop” course, participants will be able to:
- Understand IoT as it presents one of the biggest opportunities for mobile operators
- Understand the main technologies which provides IoT connectivity and its current market share and forecast
- Deep Dive in LTE IoT main technologies: NB-IoT and LTE-M
- Understand current mobile operator decision for the correct technologies
- Impact of introducing NB-IoT in the current network:
- Core Network: SCEF, S-SGN, new interfaces
- RAN: new Physical channels, new messages (RRC/NAS)
- Security (network and devices)
- Coverage Extension Techniques
- New procedures: Power Saving Mode and eDRX
- Analyse new traffic, capacity impacts and Link Budget for Internet of Things (IoT)
- Analyse new business models and use cases
- Future of IoT: NFV/SDN, 5G
This course provides a solid technical understanding of the different IoT technologies involved in modern IoT scenarios and use cases, covering proprietary standards like Sigfox, LoRa, RPMA, Symphony Link, Weightless and cellular technologies like LTE-M and NB-IoT. Connectivity Technologies are covered from a holistic 360 degrees perspective, including standardization, technology aspects, pros/cons, regulatory aspects, security, ecosystem and applicability to use cases.
The impact of introducing Internet of Things (IoT) in a cellular network is covered in great detail, explaining the needs of new Hardware, interfaces and channels.
Security is the number one concern for IoT introduction due to critical data being conveyed in government, transport and critical infrastructure. This training deconstructs the different security challenges at all levels of the IoT ecosystem, explaining the risks and standard solutions available.
Several architectures and best practices are covered and linked with the use cases for vertical industries, covering benefits business models, challenges of each industry and use cases.
Pre-Requisite for Participants:
Basic knowledge of Networking, IP
, Software architectures
and basic understanding of wireless communications.
Who Should Attend?
Engineers of all levels, managers, project managers, product managers, regulators, technical marketing officials, technical strategy officials
- Introduction to Internet of Things (IoT)
- Internet of Things (IoT) Technical Overivew
- Internet of Things (IoT) Business Opportunities