This “Internet of Things (IoT)” course provides an in-depth understanding of the different IoT technologies involved in modern IoT scenarios and use cases, covering proprietary standards like Sigfox, LoRa, RPMA, Symphony Link, Weightless and cellular technologies like LTE-A and NB-IoT.
Connectivity technologies are covered holistically and touching on standardization, pros/cons, regulatory, security, eco-system and their application in use cases.
The impact of introducing IoT in a cellular network is covered in great detail, with explanation on the need for new hardware, interfaces and channels.
Due to critical data being conveyed in government, transport and critical infrastructure, security is the top concern for professionals when introducing IoT into networks.
This training also deconstructs the different security challenges at all levels of the IoT ecosystem, explaining the risks and standard solutions available.
This course will also examine the various architectures and best practices linked with the use cases for IoT in vertical industries. It examines the various benefits, business models, challenges faced by each industry and use cases.
After attending this IoT workshop, participants will be able to understand:
- IoT and the opportunities it presents to mobile operators
- The main technologies which provides IoT connectivity and their corresponding market share and forecast
- IoT main technologies in LTE : NB-IoT and LTE-M
- Mobile operator’s decision in technology adoption
- Impact of introducing NB-IoT in current network
- Core Network: SCED, S-SGN, new interfaces
- RAN: new physical channels, new messages (RRC/NAS)
- Security (network and devices)
- Coverage Extension Techniques
- New procedures: Power Saving Mode and eDRX
- New traffic, capacity impact and Link Budget for IoT
- New Business models and use cases
- Future of IoT: NFV/SDN, 5G
Pre-Requisite for Participants:
Who Should Attend?
Engineers of all levels, managers, project managers, product managers, regulators, technical marketing officials, technical strategy officials
Introduction to IoT
- IoT as one of the biggest opportunities for MNO
- IoT current snapshot in the market and its forecast
- Impact of IoT and its value
- Challenges and Barriers
- IoT functional requirements
- Standardization & Regulations
IoT Technical Overview
- IoT Communication Technologies
- NB-IoT vs LTE-M. Current market position
- NB-IoT Deep Dive
- Security and Privacy: the number one concern in IoT networks
- Scaling IoT: SDN/NFV
- Impact of 5G in IoT
IoT Business Opportunities
- IoT Segmentation
- Digitalization & Digital Transformation of vertical industries
- Operator options to monetize IoT