Duration and Training Format:
3-day instructor-led training
The central role that IoT plays in the technology world and the growth of IoT devices is an undeniable fact.
IoT is bringing the network to our daily lives – our cars, utilities, homes etc, and extending its reach to cities, industries and more.
With such influence, IoT security is definitely a key concern for the entire industry of IoT stakeholders, spanning developers, service providers, customers, and end-users.
This course outlines the state-of-the-art prevailing practices for IoT Security and explains how this topic is evolving.
At the end of the course, participants will:
- Understand the security threat landscape and how to take preventive measures
- Understand the top ten security issues revolving around IoT
- Learn about the Secure Development Lifecycle (SDL) of IoT products
- Gain knowledge on the security consideration regarding verticals of connected devices
- Learn from real-life examples and case studies in IoT Security
This course is intended for IoT developers and managers, vendors and customers alike and for them to make strategic decisions for their IoT products.
- Module 1: Understanding IoT System Risks & Challenges
- Module 2: OWASP 2017 – Top 10 Security Risks and Consumer IoT Security Guidance
- Module 3: Understanding Challenges of IoT security
- Module 4: Recent Case Studies of IoT Hacking
- Module 5: Security issues in Industrial Internet of Thing (IIOT)
- Module 6: Security issues in Medical/Health care IoT system
- Module 7: Security issues in Connected Cars
- Module 8: IoT Security Implementation Case Study & Prevailing Art from Known IoT Platform
- Module 9: Legal Issues in Different Verticals of IoT
- Module 10: Blockchain & IoT Security
- Module 11: IoT Security & Standards
- Module 12: Active areas of IoT security research, future & Q/A session