This course provides an overview knowledge of Heterogeneous Networks (HetNets) and offers participants a strong insight into complementary network features such as Carrier Aggregation, Coordinated Multipoint and Device-to-Device Communications (D2D). It gives participants a very good understanding of these topics which are state-of-the art, and will address various issues from different perspectives, covering practical, technical and business aspects. Furthermore, participants will also gain in-depth and updated knowledge pertaining to current as well as future networks.
After attending the training, participants will be able to:
- Describe the market drivers for HetNets
- Understand the fundamentals Small Cells and the meaning of Heterogeneous Networks.
- Understand the differences between macro, micro, pico, femto cells, DAS and carrier grade WiFi.
- Understand and be able to sketch the HetNet architecture as well as the key components.
- Determine HetNet coverage and capacity
- Identify the security requirements and risks for HetNets
- Analyse a HetNet solution/deployment in a rural environment
Who Should Attend?
- Anyone involved in planning, design, architecture, deployment and testing
- Mobile / Fixed network service providers
- Regulators and Government agencies.
- Overview of HetNets and Small Cells
- HetNets for Urban deployments
- HetNet Technologies and Architectures
- HetNet Planning and Design
- HetNet Design Processes
- Device to Device (D2D)
- Towards 5G and IoT