This course is designed to help those without prior Cyber Security knowledge or experience to understand the fundamentals of Cyber Security. The topics covered in this course include Cyber Security terminologies, the basics of computer networks, cryptographic principles, penetration testing, and more.
The course will enable participants to gain insights into the modern security environment, particularly the cyber threat landscape and attackers’ mentality.
Participants will be able to learn how attackers work, what tools they use and what vulnerabilities they target. The hands-on sessions aim to help participants better grasp the information even if they are new to some of the topics.
Workstations will be equipped with Wireshark.
Duration and Training Format:
[Classroom: 5 days / LIVE Virtual: 40 hours]
This workshop aims at introducing penetration testing methods and principles for Sigtran/MAP-based signaling systems in mobile networks.
Participants will gain insights into the signaling protocol related network vulnerabilities by actively using the Kali-Linux pentesting tools, modified and extended for mobile networks environment.
Practical exercises and lecturer guided signaling trace analysis will provide a strong foundation for further studies in the field.
Who Should Attend?
High level Managers, Pre-sale Managers, IT Managers, QA and Technical Support.
- High-level Managers
- Pre-sales Managers
- IT Managers
- QA and Technical Support Managers
For High-level Managers,
- Lead and manage meetings related to Cyber Security threats
- Conduct discussions regarding cyber risk management within the organization with IT personnel
- Be able to recruit highly skilled Cyber Security personnel
For Pre-sales Managers,
- Capture your customers’ needs and concerns regarding cybersecurity aspects of integrating your products into the customers infrastructure
- Present and discuss the security aspects of proposed technological products and solutions with your customers
- Interact with potential customer with knowledge and integrity regarding security aspects of products
- Knowledge of the cyber security buzzwords and topics
For Technical Support Managers,
- Communicate with confidence Cyber Security topics, terms, and concepts
- Understand computer network basics and fundamental grasp of networking acronyms, including TCP/IP, IP, TCP, UDP, MAC, ARP, NAT, ICMP, and DNS
- Discuss various security technologies related to products with customers