After successfully completing this course the attendees will:
- Understand how to develop critical tool sets to originate a complex telecommunications project
- Understand telecommunications project life cycle
- Understand the skills needed by Telecommunications Project Manager
- Understand the difference between Program Management and Project Management
- Understand the key elements of projects and how to manage them
Pre-Requisite for Participants:
It is recommended that Participants attend Telefocal’s Telecoms Project Management training before attending this course.
Who Should Attend?
This program has been developed for Project Management professionals in the telecommunications industry. It will benefit Project Managers, Project Team Leaders, Construction Managers, Lead Technicians, Communications Managers, and others seeking career enhancement in the telecommunications field.
- Module One
Overview of Project Management, Program Management vs Project Management, Types of Telecommunications Projects, What causes a project to succeed and fail
- Module Two
Review of PMI BoK core elements, Core Processes, Integration Management, Scope Management, Time Management, Cost Management, Quality Management, Human Resources Management, Communications Management, Risk Management, Procurement Management
- Module Three
Overview of the key controlling program/project documents, Program/Project Management Plan, Communications Management Plan, Work Breakdown Structure, Configuration Management Plan, Acceptance Criteria, Outsourcing in telecommunications projects
- Module Four
Group practical exercise based upon a GSM Expansion Roll-out case study, with target of developing a basic PMP, CMP, and WBS for a telecommunications project.