This course aims to provide students with necessary skills for planning and performing 5G network design process.
Upon completion of this course, the participants would be able to:
- Describe what 5G is
- Describe the 5G technology drivers
- List the 5G features and their benefits
- Descrive the 5G network architecture and its key technologies
- Illustrate the 5G architecture and components
- Explain the RF, PHY, MAC and Core Network operation of 5G
- Describe typical 5G Use Cases and deployment scenarios
- Describe the conditions necessary to support 5G deployments
- Describe how to deploy 5G small cells for their coexistence with pre-5G macro cells
- Describe advanced wireless technology concepts like Massive MIMO, Virtualized RAN and more
- Calculate the link budget in 5G
- List the most important phases in 5G design
5G Mobile Networks covers the next major phase of wireless and mobile communication technologies and standards beyond the current 4G/IMT-Advanced Standards.
The course covers 5G technologies in full depth and breadth and includes topics like radio channels, RF, antennas, propagation, architecture, components, cellular/backhaul and applications that will revolutionize the form and operation of mobile network operators.
Participants will find out how 5G wireless networks perform as compared to 4G, in terms of speed, agility and intelligence. New trends and services such as D2D. IoT, Smart Cities, Autonomous Driving, low-latency remote control, are just some of the use cases that operators will be able to leverage to boost their business towards the new era of all-software defined businesses.
Upon completion of the course, participants will be proficient in the knowledge of network migration to 5G. They will be able to plan and design a best-in-class Software-Defined 5G wireless network that offers leading-edge applications that would satisfy both current and future market requirements.
Pre-Requisites for Participants:
- Knowledge of core networking and functions
- Basic understanding of IP-based communication
- Experience with IT infrastructure (i.e. Ethernet, Switches, Routers)
- Understanding of current 4G Air Interface and Core Network Technologies
This course is designed for telecommunications engineers working in the network RF design environment, and those wishing to extend their skills, knowledge, qualifications and certifications in relation to the 5G planning and design.
Course Duration: 5-days
- 5G Introduction
- 5G Requirements and Specifications
- 5G Architecture
- 5G NR Physical Layer
- NR Features – Rel 15 & 16
- 5G Network Slicing
- 5G Call Flow Examples
- 5G Network Design & Planning General Parameters
- 5G Macro and Indoor Cell Range Calculation
- 5G Macro and Indoor Design Example
- 5G Indoor Coverage Details
- Active Antenna Unit (AAU) Technology