This course aims to provide students with necessary skills for planning and performing 5G network design process.
This course is designed for telecommunications engineers working in the network RF design environment, and those wishing to extend their skills, knowledge, qualifications and certifications in relation to the 5G planning and design.
Day 1: 5G RF design principles
- 5G Introduction (30 min)
- 5G NR Physical layer (2 hours)
- NR features – Rel 15 & 16 (2 hours)
- 5G Network design & planning general parameters (2 hours)
Day 2 : 5G Macro and Indoor Network design & planning
- 5G Macro and Indoor Cell range calculation (3 hours)
- 5G Macro and Indoor design example (3 hours)
Day 3 : Indoor Network design & AAU
- 5G indoor coverage details (3 hours)
- Active antenna unit (AAU) technology (3 hours)