This 5-day course provides participants with a complete understanding of microwave radios, statistical multiplexing, delay and jitter and understanding of packet transmission through adaptive modulation. This course is designed by Telefocal’s team of experts with many years of field experience planning and deploying 3G LTE transmission networks that include mobile backhaul.
Link Planning with microwave radios requires a thorough understanding of microwave radios, concept of statistical multiplexing, delay and jitter and understanding of packet transmission using adaptive modulation. By attending this course the students will gain a sound knowledge of:
- How microwave links are planned for 3G access and core networks using microwave radio at different frequencies and under different weather conditions using adaptive modulation
- What components make up the entire system and the significance of Layer 2 switching in 3G Transmissions access and core links
- How to thoroughly plan a complete IP over microwave network to attain desired performance objectives
- How to dimension packet radio links using adaptive modulation and overbooking ratios
- How to mitigate noise and interference and the end-to-end delay and jitter
Pre-Requisite for Participants:
Knowledge of Microwave and Link Planning using legacy TDM radios.
Who Should Attend?
Transmission Radio Link planning Engineers and those who are or shall be involved in Access and Core transmission network planning using microwave radios for the next generation mobile transmission network.
- Brief Overview 3G Family of Standards
- Overview of link planning with legacy 2G TDMA Systems
- 3G Access and Core Network definitions
- New Availability and Reliability Requirements in 3G transmission links
- OSI Layers 1, 2 and 3 and their role in 3G link planning
- Definition of an all IP 3G Network and new Planning considerations
- Overview Latency and Jitter in 3G Transmission Networks
- 3GPP Delay and Jitter requirements between NodeB and RNC for 3G Access links
- Access Network Architecture and Topology Planning (Greenfield and migration from existing 2G Network to 3G)
- Overview 3G traffic requirement and analysis
- Concept of CIR and PIR in 3G data link planning
- Core Network Architecture Requirement Analysis
- Overview 2G TDM microwave radios and IP Packet radios
- Planning 3G access links with IP based MW radios
- Details of IP over TDM and native Ethernet radios
- Use and applications of IP radios
- Traffic shaping, engineering & protection levels in IP radios
- Step by Step 3G Network dimensioning process
- 3G Network Synchronization planning
- End to end Network Testing and performance Measurements
- Class Work
- Access Network planning for 3G HSDPA/LTE Mobile Networks with microwave IP packet radios using Pathloss 5 link planning tool