Pre-Requisite for Participants:
For best understanding and enjoyment of all topics of this course, a basic knowledge of TDM, PDH, SDH/SONET systems is recommended.
Network synchronization plays a central role in telecommunications. It determines the quality of most services provided by network operators. Nevertheless, this subject is widely misunderstood.
Quality of service degradations due to some synchronization problem look of mysterious origin for almost everybody but the (good) synchronization engineer. As a result, gross mistakes in system design produce quality-of-service degradations that unfortunately, due to ignorance, are often deemed unavoidable.
After attending this course, participants will :
- know all fundamental concepts of network synchronization;
- be capable to avoid mistakes in synchronization network design, planning and operation;
- be capable to understand technical documentation from equipment and system suppliers;
- be capable of interacting effectively with product managers of equipment and system suppliers, avoiding misunderstandings that may yield additional costs;
- be capable to diagnose synchronization troubles;
- be capable to intervene appropriately to correct synchronization faults;
- possess adequate knowledge to assess actual synchronization requirements for their networks, thus avoiding unnecessary or, on the contrary, insufficient investments.
Who Should Attend?
This course has been designed primarily for the engineers of telecommunications operators, service providers and equipment suppliers. This may include, but not exclusively, system engineers, network planners, designers and engineers in charge of system testing, operation, maintenance and customer support. Also senior personnel with strong practical expertise in this field will discover several enlightening aspects and will benefit from attending it.
The richness and depth of course topics may be adapted to suit the specific interests of the attendees, covering a wide spectrum of practical and theoretical issues in a wide range of applications.