After the two-day course, the participants would be able to:
- Explore and understand basic concepts related to GSM networks
- Explore GSM network architecture and its components including the Mobile, BTS, BSC, MSC, VLR, HLR, SCP, STP, VMS, EIR, SMS, and CSE
- Appreciate the history of wireless telecommunications focussing on the evolution of GSM
- Explore GSM mobility management concepts
- Explore GSM call processing, call delivery, security, and handover
- Explore signalling used in GSM networks
- Explore the different types of calls and GSM and gain an understanding of GSM services
- Introduce GSM standards and related organisations
- Understand migration to GPRS, EDGE and 3G technologies
Pre-Requisite for Participants:
Basic understanding of telecommunications concepts would be helpful but not required.
Who Should Attend?
Participants with basic background in telecommunications and intending to have a firm technical understanding of GSM. This course forms the foundation for more advance mobile telecommunications courses.
- Introduction to the world of mobile communications and GSM
- GSM Network Architecture
- Radio Channel Concepts
- Signalling in GSM
- GSM subscriber services
- Charging Accounting
- GSM Future: GPRS, EDGE, WCDMA (3G)
- GSM Enablers: WAP, MMS, Bluetooth