After successful completion, participants will be able to:
- Explain the Basics of Satellite Communications
- Learn the Modern Satellite System Design, Multiple Access, Modulation, Coding Schemes, Orbital Aspects
- Understand how system requirements are transformed into design elements and specifications for Satellite Communication Payload.
- Select system components, based on their specifications to satisfy system requirements
- Learn the conceptual and theoretical underpinnings of the field in Satellite system
- Explore the VSAT, SATCOM trends.
Satellites form a key part of the global communications infrastructure and the same apply in both technically advanced or developing countries. It is the only telephony and broadband wide-area network technology that is available everywhere, from the Urban / Rural areas to No-Man's Land such as forests and deserts.
This 3-day training provides a very good introduction to communications satellite technologies. It covers VSAT services, orbital mechanics, satellite design and launch, configuration and installation of earth stations, implementation of communications links, set-up of a satellite network, capabilities and limitations of current satellites as well as VSAT Applications, SATCOM Applications.
This course also describes the architecture of Space segments. It includes descriptions and explanations of Digital Video, RF Equipments, Models that describe RF Propagation and Fading, basic traffic engineering models, as well as process of deploying RF system.
Pre-Requisite for Participants
Basic knowledge on Communications.
Who Should Attend?
Professionals and Managers who want to have a clear understanding of Satellite Communication.
DURATION AND TRAINING FORMAT
3-days instructor-led training
- Introduction to Satellite Communications
- VSAT Network Design
- Bandwidth Provision
- Advanced VSAT Networks and Technology
- Next-Generation VSAT
- Satellite System Design
- Fixed Telephony Satellite Networks and Analysis
- Interfacing to the Terrestrial Telephone Network
- Regulatory and Procedural Consideration
- Security Issues in Satellite Communication Network Infrastructure
- Technical Aspects of VSAT Networks