On completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Understand GSM network on a system level
- Describe functionality of the SS7 network in GSM environment
- Describe message routing on MTP and SCCP levels
- Describe signaling procedures on different protocol levels:
- Explain the SIGTRAN concept and impacts regarding redundancy, reliability, capacity, security, migration strategies
- Understand and explain the Stream Control Transmission Protocol (SCTP)
- Understand and explain the most popular SIGTRAN User Adaptation Layers including MTP3 User Adaptation (M3UA) and SCCP User Adaptation (SUA)
- MTP3 User Adaptation (M3UA)
- SCCP User Adaptation (SUA)
Pre-Requisite for Participants:
The participants should have attended GSM Technology course or should have the equivalent knowledge.
Practical experience in GSM would be recommended.
Who Should Attend?
The course is intended for experienced network engineers, network tuning staff and anyone with network experience, who needs in depth technical knowledge on functionality of GSM signaling.