Duration and Training Format
5-day instructor-led training
The aim of this intense course is to give participants an in-depth understanding of two very important telecom network technologies: Network Automation and Orchestration, which would lead to the “IT-fication” of telecommunication networks.
In this course, important concepts as below will be taught and examined:
- Core concepts of Virtualization, Cloud computing, Virtualization of Network Elements
- Understand SDN & NFV’s role in network automation / orchestration
- Assess core requirements of next generation services (5G, IoT) and their impact on the telecom network, transport, management, operations
- Assess the impact of deterministic traffic from next generation services and the role of automation.
- Identify the objectives of network programmability and automation
- Introduce network automation principles and technologies and understand how these can be used towards E2E automation and orchestration.
- Describe Orchestration, Service Chaining and other related techniques.
- Describe The Third Network and Lifecycle Service Orchestration (LSO)
- Understand the impact of ONAP and its use cases.
- Describe an evolution towards Cognitive Network Automation and Orchestration
SDN is a new revolutionary approach towards designing, building and managing the next generation networks. It allows a logically centralised or distributed software program to control the behaviour of an entire network. This is a fundamental step towards achieving network programmability.
There are great benefits to be reaped when IT-centric automation techniques are applied to the programmed network. This would result in delivering End-to-End services that are fully automated and orchestrated.
Automation & Orchestration allow operators to become more efficient, agile, and innovative. It will offer advanced dynamic services which require advanced network configuration and design so as to achieve the desired Quality of Experience (QoE), such as for dynamic network slicing to autonomous vehicles and critical IoT. In addition, Automation and Orchestration will allow the Telecom Operators to offer a revolutionary customer experience, E2E from ordering to fulfillment to troubleshooting, allowing them to increase their margins, decrease churn and introduce new business models.
Both Automation and Orchestration serve to transform the current networks towards Cognitive network operations and Zero-Touch Service & Network Management.
Completing the course, participants will be proficient in the planning, design and operation of a best-in-class telecom network that offers advanced customer experience using the latest in automation and orchestration. In addition, there are many benefits associated with this course:
- Recognition that you have acquired a professional level of knowledge and expertise on this subject matter.
- Demonstrate your mastery in both the theory and practical aspects of IT and Network Programmability.
- Create an awareness that your organisation adheres industry standards and practices.
- Demonstrate your personal commitment in completing this rigorous programme and be certified.
- Open the door to endless opportunities in the field of Network Automation globally.
- Promote career advancement
Pre-requisite for Participants
- Basic understanding of IP-based communication is highly recommended.
- Experience with IT infrastructure (i.e. Ethernet, Switches, Routers).
- Reasonable knowledge of core networking and functions.
- Good understanding of SDN and NFV.
- Basic understanding of software principles (i.e. APIs)
Who Should Attend?
Anyone interested to understand this important revolution in IT & Networking i.e. Radio and Packet core engineers, managers, project managers, IP engineers, Packet Core Engineers, Technical product managers, technical marketing officials, technical strategy officials, IT Managers, C-level decision makers & Executives.
- Fundamentals of Modern Operator Network Architectures
- Introduction to Programmable Transport & Network Services
- Dynamic Path Computation & Traffic Engineering
- BGP-based Software Defined Network Services
- SDN and Operator Network Automation
- Principles of Operator Network Automation & Orchestration
- Operator Network Automation Programmability
- Cognitive Network Operations & Management